• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newtopaj
    • Sep 2013
    • Adelaide

Suspension advice

Pajero has now clocked up 200,000 on original suspension, apart from rear airbags for towing.

Need some suggestions on a comfortable suspension setup, maybe a 50mm lift.

We tow a 2 ton boat most weekends but the airbags cope well with this, so i assume HD suspension set up is not necessary?

Fwdriving is mainly beach work, but long towing trips with the boat loaded with camping gear is our main adventures.

I will do the install myself as I'm reasonably handy with spanners.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

cheers,
    Trev.

2006 NP 3.2 diesel Exceed.
  • Bigchris
    • Oct 2014
    • Geelong

I’m gonna do the same thing. Advice would be good. I’ve heard/read that the Lovell’s HD and Bilstein combo is the go but I’ve also been looking at kings/dobinsons. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 NP GSL
    3.2 DiD auto with heaps of stuff bolted on, under and in it.

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

OzTec 4wd Suspension is a 4WD range made for the Australian market. It prides itself in making 4wd long travel and standard shock absorbers giving suspension lifts. The OzTec 4wd suspension Shocks are great off road suspension made by both Cofap and

&

Kings' Springs

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Bennyboy
        • Sep 2010
        • Adelaide Hills

Ultimate Suspension for me - very good to deal with, ask a lot of questions as to your usage and tailor a set up to suit. Quick service and supply once you order too. Mine is HD all round which is fantastic fully laden / towing, handles great but it is a tad on the firm side empty (as expected). If installing yourself go for the pre assembled struts - just easier. Not a hard job - me and a mate did both our NP's together in an easy day.

Good luck with the decision.
        2015 NX GLX5 Pajero with a few extra bits and pieces...

Comment

• newtopaj
          • Sep 2013
          • Adelaide

Thanks Benny, Ill have a look at ultimate suspension........assume there is a stockist in Adelaide?

Comment

• Bennyboy
            • Sep 2010
            • Adelaide Hills

Not to my knowledge - they are in NSW from memory. I dealt with them via phone and email and they sent the gear over.
            2015 NX GLX5 Pajero with a few extra bits and pieces...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X