• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markc
    • Oct 2007
    • Brisbane Sth East

Hi guys

I'm with RACQ and they have been great over the years though not many car claims just a few house hold items. As we bundle all of our insurances with them we get a considerable 40% discount.

With 2017 glx pajero with extras, 45k market value, $620pa with $650 excess, hire car during repairs and no nominated under 25 drivers

Cheers Mark

Comment

• sootyNT
      • Oct 2014
      • Surrey Downs

I left club 4x4 as they refused a claim because I was in a "pay to play" 4x4 park.
      2011 NT Pajero Platinum.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by sootyNT View Post
        I left club 4x4 as they refused a claim because I was in a "pay to play" 4x4 park.

So how does that work? We pay to drive around a national park. We pay rego and fuel tax to drive on a public road. We pay aboriginal communities to enter their lands We pay to enter a caravn park. We pay to go to the Cape. We pay tolls for freeways. ..we pay, we pay. Just sounds like another bullshit get out of jail clause by another rip off insurance company. or is there a specific clause in the document that states driving in a paid area is a no no?
        Last edited by Dicko1; 15-05-18, 01:26 PM.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• sootyNT
          • Oct 2014
          • Surrey Downs

I was at Jakem Farm.

A privately owned 4wd park.

Their refusal was based on the fact I was on private land and they should have provided the insurance.

Luckily it was not an expensive fix.

Although 90% of my off roading is at pay to play parks so I changed insurance quick smart.
          2011 NT Pajero Platinum.

Comment

• Wazza430
            • Jul 2015
            • Port Pirie S.A.

Well we just had our first experience with RAA due to the wifes car being rear ended. The car (Kia Cerato) was written off. This maybe a case of TMI for some but we bought the 2012 model in Sept 14 for a price of $14000. RAA paid us $11200 4yrs later. The most suprising thing is RAA dont do agreed value so I was very happy with the sum

Be very carefull with Agreed Value. You may have your car insured for x amount but they still dont have to pay that and rarely do. On the other hand if your car in insured for market value, you dont have to accept the price they give you. Food for thought.
            MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.

Comment

• jkwpajero
              • Jun 2008
              • Young, NSW

I just ditched Club 4x4, or more correctly Club $x$, after one year of coverage, after my policy rose by close to 28%. I spent a inordinate amount of time that I will never get back wading through the PDS of various insurance companies and settled on APIA. They gave me the agreed value I thought was fair at a slightly lower cost than Club $x$. Benefits for me as a retiree tourer are that I have 27/7 access to help after an event. I can access my policy on-line and make a claim on-line if I want to. APIA is part of the Suncorp group and is underwritten by Australian money, and that matters to me. Insurance is a minefield and due diligence by the purchaser is paramount, and takes considerable time. However it is necessary.

James
              2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• Amok
                • Dec 2016
                • Sydney

Your insurance is only good if they actually help you when you make a claim! So many people hunt around for the cheapest premium but have they actually tested these companies in a time of need?

I've had a 70k written off car replaced, new for old, by one of the larger more expensive insurance agents. It was an easy, albeit long process, but I got a new car.

I'll pay more for better service and a higher chance of actually getting looked after. Cheap insurance? In some cases you might as well just have 3rd party.
                MY17 NX GLX with too much cash blown on it

Comment

• Dicko1
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Cairns, FNQ

I was quoted $980 for club 4x4 for agreed $47000 on my NW and accessories. I was tempted as racq quoted me $1028 for $36000 on car (agreed value). Rang up racq. Got agreed value of $46500 for $1023..free windscreen and 2 weeks car hire. I have been with racq for a few years ans after speaking to them and seeing if they could match (which they did) , I stayed with them as they have a shop front in Cairns, I have other policies with them, I have roadside platinum and they have an excellent reputation from people I know who have policies with them. It pays to talk to your insurance company and ring around. I have never had a claim in 40+ years and car is in excellent condition. $650 excess
                  Insurance is definitely cheaper with later model/newer cars such as a 2017 or 2018 compared to a 2013/14..

cheers
                  Last edited by Dicko1; 09-08-18, 02:09 PM.
                  Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• MarkAW
                    • Aug 2016
                    • Point Cook

I just got off the phone with club 4x4. At a minimum all premiums have risen by 20%. I think I’ll be moving on from them after being told they were paying out more than they were getting in from premiums. Sounds like it could be difficult to get money out of them come claim time
                    2015 NX Pajero, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Spydura rope, Toyo Open Country AT2, OME 2" lift, Airtec snorkel, Pioneer Platform, Piranha DBE-SX 180 dual battery, Boo's Bash Plates, Lightforce Striker HID, Kings 2.5 x 2.5 awning, Scangauge2, HPD catch can

Comment

• Vicbitter
                      • May 2016
                      • Melbourne

Yep, time to shop around as the premium had gone up about around 30% for me.
                      What a joke. My previous 2010 ve SS was cheaper.

Comment

• Danno47
                        • Jul 2018
                        • Townsville

All insurances across the board took a hike this year, even my life insurance took a huge jump...and not just because I'm getting older!

Comment

• Radios
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Qld

I have a MY15 Pajero Exceed insured with Shannons. Agreed value $50,520, Excess $695. Policy can be paid monthly without extra charge. Price $603 per year We have 3 other vehicles with them. Two of them are vintage type. Been with them for several years and no claims. One free windscreen each year if needed.
                          2014 MY15 Warm White NX Exceed 3.2 DID Auto, Genuine Towbar, CB

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

• Chill
                            • Jul 2011
                            • Brisbane

I have just tried Lumleys insurance last week with my motorbikes and they were almost $200 cheaper than anyone else with the same excess. Will try them when my car insurance is due for renewal. I have heard good things about them but only what I've heard
                            My13 VRX Pajero
                            MY17 Pajero Sports exceed

Comment

• Seigried
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2016
                              • brisbane

I have had to claim before with lumley. They were good when i had to deal with them. Including an attempt by the other driver to have another go for compensation after settlement 12 months later (to the day) for car hire.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Paintchips
                                • Jan 2013
                                • Darwin

Hi All, just want to revive this thread to find out who people are using for 2019. Ive rang around a number of places and the cheapest I found on an agreed $25000 value was Shannon's at $1100/year. Looked up some recent reviews on them and reviews regarding claims were terrible. Seems like premiums have skyrocketed over the past year. But in saying that I'm having a really hard time finding anyone who will insure for even close to what the vehicle is worth with all the mods and accessories it has. Suggestions welcome.
                                2011 NT GL | ARB Bull bar. LED Spotlights/Lightbar. 2inch Lift Kit. GME aerial. GME uhf radio. SPV egr blank. Roof rack. ECU remap. 3inch exhaust. Tow bar with anderson plug. Bash plates. K&N Filter. Xtreme Heavy Duty clutch. Side awning. Dual battery. LED low beams. Front and rear sway bar adjustable link kits from Superpro. Jonny Tig aftermarket front mounted intercooler upgrade. Heavy duty synthetic winch. E lockers. Dual fuel tank. Polaris with HEMA maps. Cargo barrier.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X