• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

IDrive....throttle controller.

Installed today I won't bang on to this too much as I have to do a write up elsewhere about It, but this is certainly something you will notice in driveability of your Pajero. Purchased from
    Nuts about 4WD with a quick turnaround (ordered Friday and received today). Well done guys
    15 mins fitment and off you go....and I mean go.
    Don't want a chip or worried about warranty implications ,well look into one of these

Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Thanks for the pics Dave, that sure helps install one. I've been looking at them since the guy at my local Opposite Lock store suggested it and will be interested to see any reports from those who have one. Benefits, down side (if any) etc.

With regard to warranty, would it need to be removed before a service like the EGR plug and is it an add on you'd need to note on your insurance policy ?
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
      With regard to warranty, would it need to be removed before a service like the EGR plug and is it an add on you'd need to note on your insurance policy ?
      I won't be removing mine when serviced , basically it is pot luck in regards to the technician you get when servicing if he likes what you have done or not .He would probably like the extra oomph when he takes it for a test drive But I will notify my insurance company....just in case.
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• psproule
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Googong, NSW

So does it fix the terrible throttle lag?
        2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
        2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• starjunk
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2011
          • Sydney

Originally posted by psproule View Post
          Disabling the EGR fixes throttle lag...... :-)
          '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
          '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
          '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
          '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• Pickle
            Administrator
            • Jun 2007
            • All over Oz

Ha ha ,what lag? Trust me it will fix any lag concerns or thoughts of chipping it.
            Has 30 day money back guarantee.....and they are not getting mine back
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• starjunk
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2011
              • Sydney

Pickle, do you have TorquePro? What do the pedal readings do with this unit installed compared to not installed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Pickle
                Administrator
                • Jun 2007
                • All over Oz

Yep do have Torque Pro . I didn't run it today due to short trip to Bunnings and playing Roof Racks.
                Not sure what you mean by pedal readings.
                I think the only reading from Torque Pro that would change with the IDrive fitted would be the tacho spinning up quicker. Can check into some readings if you like.
                Dave
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• starjunk
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • Sydney

Please do. I've always been under the impression that these units just "push the pedal harder" than you're actually pushing it... So they are essentially you own personal leadfoot.
                  I'd love to be wrong, and for these units to achieve some sort of trickery with the signal, that I can't achieve with my right foot!
                  Torque Pro has two accelerator Pedal PIDs built in to the standard set of PIDs. .... I'd be interested to see what those reading are. On my NS, one reads about 0.8 higher than the other. I wonder if the relationship between the two readings would change, or if it gets to 100 with less pedal pushing or something like that. I hope that makes sense.
                  My understanding is that the 2 pedal signals that are available via OBD are supposed to be the same-ish, and that one is a fail-safe in case something goes wrong with the pedal?

Comment

• Pickle
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2007
                    • All over Oz

Originally posted by starjunk View Post
                    My understanding is that the 2 pedal signals that are available via OBD are supposed to be the same-ish, and that one is a fail-safe in case something goes wrong with the pedal?

Ok will check into that for you.
                    Dave
                    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2000
                      • Tasmania

Bought one of these things a while ago ( not idrive) but it never worked on my ns 3.8. They even replaced unit but still no good. Sent car into limp mode every time. Be good to know if anyone got one to work on the ns petrol.
                      NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
                      NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• psproule
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Googong, NSW

Originally posted by starjunk View Post
                        Disabling the EGR fixes throttle lag...... :-)
                        Did that with 300km on the clock. It didn't fix the lag at all. I'd estimate my NX is twice as bad as my NP was.

Pat
                        2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                        2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• starjunk
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2011
                          • Sydney

Did that with 300km on the clock. It didn't fix the lag at all. I'd estimate my NX is twice as bad as my NP was.

Pat
                          Have you disabled the swirl valves? That helps too, especially if your intake manifold is all coked up and waiting for a clean (like mine) to the point where it runs rough between 2000-3000rpm on light throttle.

Comment

• WhipIt
                            • Jan 2017
                            • Lower Hunter Valley NSW

Have one of these on my NX also and its certainly made the car more driveable. The lag was so much worse in the new NX verse the NT I recently sold. It certainly livens the car up and on the same token can really dull it down further for super rocky or bumpy terrain where you're feathering the pedal more. I'm happy with mine.
                            MY17 NX Pajero GLX - TJM Outback Bullbar, Bushskinz Underbody and sliders, Dual Batteries, FyrLyt Nemesis 9000 Driving Lights, Rhino Pioneer, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Recaro drivers seat, Uniden 8080, GME Aerial, Homemade drawers, Primus 74L Fridge, iDrive Throttle controller, Munji EGR, 275/70R17 BFG KO2's, CSA Krawla 17x8's, Tints, 2" Lovells lift,

Comment

• starjunk
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2011
                              • Sydney

Pickle, did you have a chance to look at the throttle %s with the controller active, in TorquePro?
                              Still considering this conversion but want to understand exactly what it does to the vehicle before outlaying the $$$s
                              Many thanks!
                              Can you also use these units to act like a throttle lock? I really miss the throttle lock I had in my NJ, on the gen4. :-(

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X