• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fang
    • Aug 2010
    • Brisbane

NL Escape Flares - Part Number?

My friends and I went whoop whoop in Western Queensland in my NL Escape.

All went well till we blew a tyre in a spectacular fashion (see attached). It manage to destroy the left hand rear flares on the door and the guard.

I want to get good second hand.. or even new replacements flares.

I understand the Escape model is not exactly a common item.

Can anyone help me find the part numbers for the left rear guard flare and the left rear door flare? They are silver flares from a 1999 model.

Does anyone have any really good ones for sale per chance? Any help or guidance in locating some replacement ones would be much appreciated.

By the way, the old girl did 6000km+ and went as far as Lawn Hill (let us never speak of the road from Lawn Hill to Gregory again ) She did a very good job of holding together
    Attached Files
    1999 Mitsubishi Pajero NL Escape 3.5 litre, 5 speed
  • Fang
    • Aug 2010
    • Brisbane

Well lucky me found some. Hopefully they last a bit longer.

They're not perfect - but they're better than nothing. The part number seems to be S01419 and it clearly says "Made in Australia" on them. The same part number seems to appear on both flares.

Maybe the part number will help someone else in the future.

Will be going aftermarket next time I think.
    Attached Files
    1999 Mitsubishi Pajero NL Escape 3.5 litre, 5 speed

Comment

• Scrambler
      • Jul 2018
      • Toowoomba, Qld

Glad to see. I have a "blister fender" NL so I am no use but did think a ring around wreckers might a worth trying. Glad you found what you needed.

I've blown tyres in similar settings but only inner tubes. Did 3 on a trip last year to Mt Isa and the NT. One perhaps like yours, 2 some wierdness with one of the tyres. Doing it over again I would drop my pressure a bit. This was an old Land Rover- now I need to get my head around tubeless and Paj electronics.
      =-( Sadly bought back: 99 NL Shortie. In a-peeling blue
      =-) Happily replaced by: 98 NL LWB Diesel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X