Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 15-06-18

Default Perth Towbars

Anybody from Perth/Fremantle who can recommend getting a towbar fitted ,
Live in Coogee but work in Osborne park & wanting to know where is the best place to go to get a towbar fitted, just purchased a MY17 NX GLX Pajero & need a towbar
Old 15-06-18
Valued Member

Have you checked out getting one from the local MM dealer? I got mine fitted when I bought the car and it's good. It may help with warranty as the car is a newer model too.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with Toyo OPAT AT2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 18-06-18

i have they are nearly $500 more
Old 25-06-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pliskin59 View Post
Anybody from Perth/Fremantle who can recommend getting a towbar fitted ,
Live in Coogee but work in Osborne park & wanting to know where is the best place to go to get a towbar fitted, just purchased a MY17 NX GLX Pajero & need a towbar
I got my Hayman Reese Towbar fitted at Westcott Towbars in Welshpool back in February for $867 all in.
Old 25-06-18

AutoExtra in Frobisher St (Osb Park) I've always found are good in terms of service and workmanship -- they fit a Hayman Reece to my NW, my choice of plug, wiring through cabin.
Apologies but it was a few yrs ago now and I can't recall the price, but from memory they were very competitive.
I've used AE now for numerous jobs on two different cars, and I rate them.
Bilstein shocks / Lovell 2" lifted HD springs / Polyair Bags, Cooper AT3 (265/70/17), Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel, Uniden CB radio with 3+6dB whip antennae, Garmin Nuvi 760, Ironman awning with strip lighting, Rhino Pioneer tray, 42" lightbar, 135Ahr AGM dual batt system, 300W Solar panels, 4" rear work-lights
Wishlist : ARB Deluxe bullbar
Old 26-06-18

I bit the bullet & fitted a tow bar myself from Tow Bars Australia , $600 inc wiring loom & ECU.
The back wiring loom no problem straight plug & play, but the front, had to connect a fused feed to a 3 pin male plug that was supposed to be behind the glove box.
The instructions that came with the bar was for the NS, but was told it was the same, to cut a long story short, I removed the glove box & looked for at least 4hrs behind were the glove box was. But in a NX its under the carpet & under a polystyrene shaping block on the floor. Plugged that it all good.
Also ran & connected a Primus brake controller at the same time.