• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wyld
    • Jun 2017
    • Wagga Wagga

Might be a mechanical post, headlight washer

Hey all,

Been trying to find a headlight washer. Had the bullbar fitted from new and the shop threw the og bumper. Have placed an add in wtb section.

My question though is it I went to a wrecker what other year model paj's have a headlight washer that would connect to my loom and can I run one and not two and still use the on column wash switch?

Wanting to use it as a hand washer on my bullbar with a manual switch wired into the original wiring but finding it super hard to get a washer surprisingly.

Any help would be appreciated

Brenton
    MY2017 Exceed, Ironman 9500 winch, GME UHF, BOO's Bash Plates, Ironman Light Bar, Ironman premium Bullbar, Redarc tow pro, dual battery system with Ironman 40A dc to dc charger
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Hey bud

Any gen 4 so ns nt nw or nx will do the job
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Phree_ed
      • Apr 2016
      • Moreton Bay area

Go back to the dealer. The car's not compliant if it doesn't have headlight washers.
      See https://www.racq.com.au/cars-and-dri...ely/headlights
      The web reference may be RACQ & Qld but it applies to all states.

Comment

• geopaj
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Adelaide

Looking at this link it would appear that the bumper bar contains just the hose and squirted nozzles.

Surely, Ironman would have their own design of squirter that fits their bullbars?? I know ARB do.

I’d be contacting this installer or Ironman directly (I’m assuming it’s Ironman, given your signature states you have and Ironman bar)

EDIT - here is the rest of the system. It looks like both the windscreen and headlight washers use the same reservoir but have separate pumps.

Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Wyld
          • Jun 2017
          • Wagga Wagga

Thanks guys, hope they haven't pulled the pump, Just been looking for the jet sprayers because of that post phree listed. Off to the wreckers I guess, thanks geo and aussieintas
          MY2017 Exceed, Ironman 9500 winch, GME UHF, BOO's Bash Plates, Ironman Light Bar, Ironman premium Bullbar, Redarc tow pro, dual battery system with Ironman 40A dc to dc charger

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Sydney

If the headlight washer pump has been removed the water tank would empty through the remaining hole.

So should be a simple fix with some aftermarket washer nozzles and a bit of tube if the original tube has also been removed.
            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Mike DiD
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Phree_ed View Post
              Go back to the dealer. The car's not compliant if it doesn't have headlight washers.
              See https://www.racq.com.au/cars-and-dri...ely/headlights
              The web reference may be RACQ & Qld but it applies to all states.
              Go back to the fitter and demand a refund. Making a modification that makes the vehicle no longer compliant with ADRs and therefore not registerable is a Major Defect and under Consumer Protection laws, you are entitled to a refund for a Major Defect.
              Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X