• Show
Clear All
  • Pajflyer
    • Jan 2017
    • Sydney

Rhino rack 1928x1236

Wishing to get the rhino rack 1928x1236
    With sx053 legs
    Can anyone give me ideas and pictures if possible of how i Mount it to roof rails
    I realize I have to remove roof rails and redrill. Need specs
    Any help pls
  • JulianHiggs
    • Mar 2009
    • Healesville

I've just seen your post so this reply might be a bit late but here it is anyway. I have this model roof rack which I had on an NS standard Pajero. I've now got a Sport so have bought the SX053 legs to convert it to the Sport. I've looked at it and I really question whether you need to drill new holes. The pins on the feet are intended to go into the existing holes but I really don't think they do much for you. The holes are much bigger than the pins so the pins do not actually do any real locating or clamping of the feet. They are there for insurance purposes only in my view, to hopefully stop the feet coming completely away from the rails if they come loose. But if you've got to that stage you are already in trouble. The feet will clamp really solidly to the rails wherever you put them if there are no pins. So I am going to grind the pins off and just use the feet on the rails as is. On the NS Pajero the roof bars were located 1200 apart with the front bar 300 mm from the front of the straight side of the platform and the rear bar 190 mm from the rear of the straight side of the platform. That's what Rhino specified. I'll be using the same on the Sport. Hope this is clear. FYI I also have a set of Thule roof bars and they use clamps which are in essence the same as the Rhino SX053 feet but without the pins. They clamp on very solidly.

Cheers, Julian
    Julian (Grey Nomads rule!)

2017 QE GLX Sport, Bridgestone 697's 265/60R18LT, North Coast Topender XL off road caravan, roof rack mounted solar system, Clearview mirrors, Old Man Emu suspension, Rhino roof platform

Comment

• Pajflyer
      • Jan 2017
      • Sydney

Thankyou
      That’s just the information I needed

Comment

• Rich070
        • Jun 2011
        • NE Vic

Originally posted by JulianHiggs View Post
        I've just seen your post so this reply might be a bit late but here it is anyway. I have this model roof rack which I had on an NS standard Pajero. I've now got a Sport so have bought the SX053 legs to convert it to the Sport. I've looked at it and I really question whether you need to drill new holes. The pins on the feet are intended to go into the existing holes but I really don't think they do much for you. The holes are much bigger than the pins so the pins do not actually do any real locating or clamping of the feet. They are there for insurance purposes only in my view, to hopefully stop the feet coming completely away from the rails if they come loose. But if you've got to that stage you are already in trouble. The feet will clamp really solidly to the rails wherever you put them if there are no pins. So I am going to grind the pins off and just use the feet on the rails as is. On the NS Pajero the roof bars were located 1200 apart with the front bar 300 mm from the front of the straight side of the platform and the rear bar 190 mm from the rear of the straight side of the platform. That's what Rhino specified. I'll be using the same on the Sport. Hope this is clear. FYI I also have a set of Thule roof bars and they use clamps which are in essence the same as the Rhino SX053 feet but without the pins. They clamp on very solidly.

Cheers, Julian
        Hi Julian, can you confirm that you're using only 2 cross-bars ?
        I notice that some rhino installation guides specify 3 bars to be used on some vehicles, but I'm skeptical about whether that's necessary, given the pre-existing load limits and as long as the bars and load were spaced sensibly.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        FOR SALE - 2009 NT GLX 7 seats diesel auto, smart bar, winch, lightforce spotlights, rear diff lock, ARB compressor under bonnet, dual batteries on ARB tray, redarc isolator, 2x front bushskinz underbody plates, bushskinz rocksliders, Lovells 50mm HD springs F+R, Lovells gas shocks, TJM roofrack, wetseat covers F+R

not for sale - 2017 Pajero Sport GLS +Rhino rack

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X