X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bgiddins
    • Jun 2007

Replacement power antenna for an NM Exceed

The power antenna on my NM appears to have given up the ghost - it makes a horrible grinding noise when the radio is turned off, and won't retract - you have to give it a helping push to retract. Rises fine, but it's starting to make the same grinding noise on rising too - sounds like there's a stripped gear in the mechanism.

Are aftermarket ones available, or do I need to drop my pants at the Mitsu dealer for a replacement? Any idea of what they're worth?
    Ben
  • mrbitchi
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

You can get an aftermarket mast fom Autobarn or similar outlets. It's normally only the mast that needs replacing and it's not a hard job. Cost around $30 I think.
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Mitcon
      • Oct 2007

Yep, aftermarket is the way to go and you should be able to get a new mast and rope for $30. I did mine not long ago, in-fact if you need to replace the whole complete unit you can still get it aftermarket and it's cheaper than just the genuine mast & rope.
      ---------------
      Cheers
      Wayne

1994 Pajero NJ LWB GLS 3L V6/TJM Bullbar/SCA Spotties/DVD/Rear Camera/Tint & more to come

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X