• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NTBenny
    • May 2017
    • Newcastle

Windscreen Washer Jet Upgrade

All,

Just thought I’d post my recent win with regards to the windscreen washer jets on my 2011 NT. I found the OEM jets to be very poor at wetting the windscreen with any sort of reasonable coverage. This resulted in a large majority of the windscreen being dry wiped by the wipers and smearing the glass making it even harder to see. In addition my passenger side jet would leak all over the bonnet for days after using them. This was very annoying.

Now with a little information posted by Pajero12 in the below thread stating that 2001-2004 Honda jets fit I took to trying to locate some.

I thought about doing the Honda wreckers search but managed to find what I thought was the right jet part number by comparing images and part numbers from across the web. Life isn’t without risk so I decided to take the plunge and purchase the item from Amayama. Thankfully the risk paid off and the below linked item is exactly what is required. Has a metal jet nozzle as advised by Pajero12, snaps into the bonnet perfectly and sprays an awesome mist on the windscreen covering most of the wiped area. Not only that but my passenger side jet no longer leaks all over the bonnet for days after being used. Something to note is you need 2 x of the below part.

Honda 76810-SAA-E01 (76810SAAE01) NOZZLE ASSY., WINDSHIELD. New & genuine Japanese car parts. Fast shipping. Low prices. Request a quote from Amayama Trading Co. online.

Hopefully this is useful to others annoyed by the factory jets.

Regards,

Benny.
    2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.
  • Keithyv
    Valued Member
    • May 2018
    • Perth

Wow, I thought it was just me that thought the stock jets sucked!
    I keep meaning to clear them out with a pin but maybe that's just the way they are by the sound of it!

I know my wife's VW has beautiful sprayers - they spray a really spread out fan of water - not like the piddly stream in one spot like the Pajero
    2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
    MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• boritz
      • Jun 2013
      • Gippsland VIC

Great post Benny

Just in case your link 'fades away' - Amayama part 76810SAAE01 NOZZLE, WASHER Honda

P.S. I just noticed that the link includes the part no.
      Cheers,
      Dave.
      NW GLX-R MY13 3.2 DiD auto.
      2016 Concept Innovation 600R caravan

Comment

• Aspey
        • Dec 2015
        • Great Southern Land

Nice one NTBenny,
        Was there any other modifications needed or was it just a push in and connect up job?
        If you get a chance please post up a photo of the sprayer in the bonnet (just to see if they are the same shape as my NP's ones).
        NP VRX DID

Comment

• NTBenny
          • May 2017
          • Newcastle

No modifications required. Just pop straight in. Sorry I don't have a photo handy of them in the bonnet.

Benny.
          2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• Aspey
            • Dec 2015
            • Great Southern Land

Originally posted by NTBenny View Post
            No modifications required. Just pop straight in. Sorry I don't have a photo handy of them in the bonnet.

Benny.
            Thanks mate
            NP VRX DID

Comment

• gemster
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Gold Coast

Wonder if they also fit a NL?....

Gemster....
              YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
              And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
              ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• geopaj
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Adelaide

Pajero12 did a lot of research to find these jets.

I’ve had a set installed for 1-2 years (Pajero12 kindly gave me a pair). They’re a direct (no modification) replacement, and are one of my most favourite mods!
                Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Allan2
                  • May 2013
                  • Mid Nort Coast, NSW

Thanks Benny, just ordered some. Could not have happened at a better time one of the spray jets has just failed for the second time.
                  Allan.
                  2009 NT, 3.2 Auto, D/Lights & Light Bar, EGR mod, Sump and Inter Cooler Guards, Tow Bar, Bog Standard.

Comment

• NTBenny
                    • May 2017
                    • Newcastle

Let us know what you think of them Allan.

Benny.

Comment

• Little Devil
                      • Feb 2016
                      • Valley View, South Australia

Have ordered 2

Thanks for the heads up, so I ordered two.
                      Can't wait for them to arrive.
                      My19 ZL Outlander Diesel Auto. Ultra Gauge MX, Uniden CB, 270 Batwing Awning, Catch Can

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people.

Comment

• Scouter1
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2013
                        • Sydney NSW

My passenger side jet has been getting blocked for a while, could be time to do this mod. Thanks for sharing the link Benny.

Cheers,
                        Stephen
                        2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• gazza11
                          • Aug 2017
                          • Medowie NSW

Windscreen Washer Jet Upgade

Yes, thanks Benny, I have ordered some too. I will let you know how they go when I fit them.
                          Cheers, Garry.
                          NT Pajero Exceed-factory tow bar and nudge bar-Provent 200 catch can-Michelin LTX Force tyres-DBA slotted front rotors-Bendix 4x4 Pads-Sheep Skin front seat covers.

Comment

• Aspey
                            • Dec 2015
                            • Great Southern Land

I've ordered some. I'm wondering if better quality washer fluid might be less likely to clog the jets? I've been using Bug Off.
                            NP VRX DID

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X