• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hensby
    • Jan 2010
    • Lambs Valley,Hunter Valley, NSW

Remote central locking

my remote only works sometimes and then only when close to vehicle. Have tried a new battery but no difference. Where is the receiver of the signal from the remote. How can I find out if there is a problem with the receiver rather than the remote? Thanks for any help.
    2005 NP my06, DID, white, GLS.
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Originally posted by hensby View Post
    my remote only works sometimes and then only when close to vehicle. Have tried a new battery but no difference. Where is the receiver of the signal from the remote. How can I find out if there is a problem with the receiver rather than the remote? Thanks for any help.
    Try with the remote pressed to the side of your head! (seriously, I have seen this done, but I hold no responsibility for damaged cells)

I would also test the battery. These sit on the shelf for long periods and do self discharge over time. I've been caught out before.

Best way I could think of determining if its the remote or receiver would be to "borrow" another remote, reprogram to your vehicle and see if there is a difference. If there is, then you would have to guess its your remote.

Shane.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X