Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 09-06-19

Default UHF Install

Hi all,

Have a UHF that I need to get around to installing. Looking for suggestions on where others mount the box and the handheld mic. Its a compact system with display etc on the mic.

Would love to see some photos of peoples set ups etc.

Thanks
PC Challenger MY2104. MT. Silver. The Ultimate Suspension (Lovells coils/spring, heavy duty front, medium duty rear with Aussie Ryder struts/shocks),TJM bullbar, TJM 9,500lb winch, safari snorkel, genuine towbar.
Old 15-06-19

So I wanted to install this today and wire it to the accessories cables in the centre consol. Thought that would be easiest to access.

However not sure and my lack of experience is making me nervous.

I was planning to splice and solder the UHF power on to these however they are a thinner gauge.

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.
PC Challenger MY2104. MT. Silver. The Ultimate Suspension (Lovells coils/spring, heavy duty front, medium duty rear with Aussie Ryder struts/shocks),TJM bullbar, TJM 9,500lb winch, safari snorkel, genuine towbar.
Old 15-06-19
Valued Member

If you can't find a power supply under the dash that can give the amps required you could wire directly to the battery or via a relay that is triggered by ignition.
PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED light bar. MM 4X4 lock up switch. Airtec snorkel, Toyo Open Country AT2, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.
Old 16-06-19

Try one of these
https://www.jaycar.com.au/double-min...e-tap/p/SF5125

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 16-06-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevL View Post
Try one of these
https://www.jaycar.com.au/double-min...e-tap/p/SF5125

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's what I used to run the power to my UHF. Easy to do and find an accessory fuse which is active with the ignition on.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 27-06-19

I've got a uniden remote mic setup in mine. I was able to squeeze the unit in above the transmission tunnel behind the centre console. It isn't bolted down just held by friction between the carpet and aircon duct (from memory).

I spliced power off the cigarette lighter plug, I didn't actual check wire gauge sizing but it should be fused at 10A and will only ever have 50w (2x5A @ 5V USB) Max plugged into the socket so I'm not concerned enough to check the numbers.

The blanking plug for the hazard lights on a LHD model is in a decent place for the mic holder and means I can remove the holder later and just need to replace that blank.

I cut a hole into one of the switch blanks next to the cig lighter plug to fit the plug off the extension lead so the mic can easily be removed when not in use.

There is enough space to pull a complete aerial plug through the grommet in the passenger side (well taped and lubed to protect the other cables) so you don't even need to re crimp the connector.
Old 27-06-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbs View Post
I've got a uniden remote mic setup in mine. I was able to squeeze the unit in above the transmission tunnel behind the centre console. It isn't bolted down just held by friction between the carpet and aircon duct (from memory).

The blanking plug for the hazard lights on a LHD model is in a decent place for the mic holder and means I can remove the holder later and just need to replace that blank.

I installed mine in the same spot and have used velcro tape to hold it in place.
My mic is also in the same spot.

As for wiring straight to the battery for me.