Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
bushman's Avatar
bushman bushman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wollondilly Shire NSW
Posts: 395
Default

I just replace my first low beam after just on 10 yrs, cost me a fortune from Repco $55 including two park light globes and that's after NRMA discount
__________________
09 NT Di-D Auto RX
2014 Golden Eagle Escape in tow

"LOVE'N THAT CAR"
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
signo1985 signo1985 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
I believe the Night Breakers are only available in H11, not H9.

When I bought "upgraded" bulbs, I bought the PIAA - because I rarely use my high beams, they've outlasted two sets of Osram H9s, but when I make the change to H11 lows I'm thinking I'll do some more searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFT5 View Post

........

There are those in the automotive lighting industry who are much more knowledgeable than I and their comments on PIAA products aren't particularly complimentary. That said, my experiences with PIAA haven't been so bad. With the choice from Powerbulbs being only the PIAA or the high wattage Osrams, I'd look elsewhere for the Nightbreakers that OJ suggests.

........
Ok then I am still unsure on what the best option is.
NFT5 you said before a H9 would be better than a high performance h11 globe.

Then to look for the Nightbreakers that OJ suggested, which do not exist in H9 as nj swb pointed out.

so is something like this (https://www.amazon.com.au/Philips-St.../dp/B003YMPN3A) you guys are referring to or what?

I cant find any other h9 in australia
cheers guys
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
NFT5's Avatar
NFT5 NFT5 is offline
Valued Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canberra
Posts: 1,104
Default

Yeah, a little clarification.... I should have said "osrams", not "Night Breakers".


The H9 bulb already incorporates the technology used in the "plus" series. So there is only the standard variant.


This table might make it a bit clearer:



The important bits are that the expected lifespan of the H9 is quite a bit better than the Night Breaker H11 alternatives and the luminous flux is around 50% greater.


The difference between Night Breaker Silver and Night Breaker Laser is the shape and pattern of some blue tinting on the bulb. It makes no difference to the actual output - just a marketing gimmick, although the measure of expected lifespan is interesting....

The difference between Philips and Osram is marginal. Either brand would be a good choice.

So, yes, the H9 is the better choice. More light and longer life.
__________________
Chris

Last edited by NFT5; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
signo1985 signo1985 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFT5 View Post
Yeah, a little clarification.... I should have said "osrams", not "Night Breakers".


The H9 bulb already incorporates the technology used in the "plus" series. So there is only the standard variant.


This table might make it a bit clearer:



The important bits are that the expected lifespan of the H9 is quite a bit better than the Night Breaker H11 alternatives and the luminous flux is around 50% greater.


The difference between Night Breaker Silver and Night Breaker Laser is the shape and pattern of some blue tinting on the bulb. It makes no difference to the actual output - just a marketing gimmick, although the measure of expected lifespan is interesting....

The difference between Philips and Osram is marginal. Either brand would be a good choice.

So, yes, the H9 is the better choice. More light and longer life.
Ok perfect now it is clearer
I will start looking for these standard H9s then thanks heaps
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
fourocker fourocker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Blue Mountains NSW
Posts: 49
Default

I feel it's worth a mention, I bought a pair of JW Speaker brand led h9/h11 replacements for my low beam from Burson 's the other day, retail is over $200 but they said to me they don't sell them at retail because at that price they'd never move any, got the pair in a kit with plug n play leads/led drivers for $109.......very very happy with these, beautiful white light and plenty of it, they make the stockers look like candles from the dark ages.
Quality is high and a pair of Philips h9's would cost similar......if you could even get them, I went this way because h9 is seriously hard to find, also struggle to find even the woefully inadequate h11.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
nj swb's Avatar
nj swb nj swb is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 5,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourocker View Post
I feel it's worth a mention, I bought a pair of JW Speaker brand led h9/h11 replacements for my low beam from Burson 's the other day, retail is over $200 but they said to me they don't sell them at retail because at that price they'd never move any, got the pair in a kit with plug n play leads/led drivers for $109.......very very happy with these, beautiful white light and plenty of it, they make the stockers look like candles from the dark ages.
Quality is high and a pair of Philips h9's would cost similar......if you could even get them, I went this way because h9 is seriously hard to find, also struggle to find even the woefully inadequate h11.
Unlikely that they're ADR compliant for low beam use. NFT5 has produced a great post on this forum explaining the problem with H11 low beams, and why they shouldn't be used in our cars.

If you have some evidence that yours are ADR compliant, I'd love to see it - I'll probably buy some myself.
__________________
NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 Toyo MT, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, 3.15 gears, LRA Aux tank, bullbar, winch, lights, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
signo1985 signo1985 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 65
Default

RE the price, that is true if you look in Australia.
Bought 2 x osram h9 from Germany for 30oz dollars including delivery. Should get them next week
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
fourocker fourocker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Blue Mountains NSW
Posts: 49
Default

I have no idea if they're adr compliant but.......if I park the vehicle in a large car park at night with them on (did this at work off the public road) and compare how they look in general with other vehicles it doesn't stand out in any way to me that would draw any unwanted attention, so far through routine driving since I haven't had any kind of negative reaction from anybody, I feel that it's not that they're insanely bright but that the oe h11 setup is woefully inadequate.
They appear to me similar whilst driving to my wifes stock xenon projector low beams in her Mazda 3. Please yourself if you use them or not if it's of great concern to you, for me I'm stoked that I took the chance on them.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Allan2 Allan2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mid Nort Coast, NSW
Posts: 357
Default

Look on youtube there is information on how to modify the H9 to fit in the H11 plug. I did mine about 3 years ago and haven't had a problem, it definitely improved the light output on low beam.
Regards Allan.
__________________
2009 NT, 3.2 Auto, D/Lights & Light Bar, EGR mod, Sump and Inter Cooler Guards, Tow Bar, Bog Standard.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 2 Days Ago
signo1985 signo1985 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by signo1985 View Post
RE the price, that is true if you look in Australia.
Bought 2 x osram h9 from Germany for 30oz dollars including delivery. Should get them next week

Installed the Osram H9. OMG


The light output is incredibly higher. took the car for a drive a night at almost thought it was too bright lol.
Nice sharp cutoff as well.
Thanks NFT5


Now, talking aesthetic, since the parking lights look orange in comparison, could i change the w5w with something brighter? Can i use a led globe or would this be considered an illegal mod as well?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you want LED globes...... BruceandBobbi Bits and Pieces 3 12-01-18 02:29 PM
What low beam globes are you running? Honeychurch Generation 2 Pajero 9 10-10-17 08:16 PM
low beam not working after high beam chrells Generation 2 Pajero 5 08-03-17 07:01 PM
Np A/C globes firemanash81 Generation 3 Pajero 1 06-01-16 10:27 AM
lossing low beam after flashing high beam road rat Generation 2 Pajero 6 05-06-11 04:16 PM


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.