Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 02-05-19
Valued Member

Default Recommendations for a good quality synthetic winch cable?

Any recommended online stores? Thereís literally hundreds of different brands available including Dyneema and generics.

Just wondering if somebody has bought one recently for a reasonable price and is happy with it.

Last edited by HeavyPizzaz; 02-05-19 at 02:05 PM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Wondering if somebody can help me out with this one:

https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/her...FVQlKwodYmoIyQ

Surely it's better buying a "generic" synthetic rope from 4wdsupacentre than from a random eBay seller.

What I need help with is that it doesn't seem to have a thimble at the end, rather it seems to show just the black sleeve over the rope loop end. Can I just attach my existing winch hook (off my Warn wire cable) onto this loop end?

Also, another photo shows a yellow sleeve. Would this be the heat sleeve that is meant to go on the first roll on the spool? Or would I need another one? The sleeve looks thicker in this How To: http://www.masterpull.com/how-to-ins...ic-winch-line/

Any user experiences of this particular Hercules product would be appreciated.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Use your hook or other end piece from your current winch. I would still be adding a wear piecearound the hooks pin to stop chaffing of the synthetic rope. Yes...the yellow piece is to stop heat from drum damaging the rope when extended time winching. You will probably find e-bay sellers and 4wd supercentre get their rope from the same suppliers. . Is it as good as paying 3 times for a "brand name" rope....who knows. I,d certainly buy one...however I just run 3 small winches with rope (4500kg on trailer) and rope seems fine...cheap arse winches as well...
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Use your hook or other end piece from your current winch. I would still be adding a wear piecearound the hooks pin to stop chaffing of the synthetic rope. Yes...the yellow piece is to stop heat from drum damaging the rope when extended time winching. You will probably find e-bay sellers and 4wd supercentre get their rope from the same suppliers. . Is it as good as paying 3 times for a "brand name" rope....who knows. I,d certainly buy one...however I just run 3 small winches with rope (4500kg on trailer) and rope seems fine...cheap arse winches as well...
Thanks Dicko. Youíre probably right about sourcing the ropes from same suppliers. Itís worth a go for $79 and at least warranty / quality issues should be easier to resolve with a big online store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk