Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Due to this" Turbocharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Low. " and if your pajero is a NS model. I'd be checking all your vacuum hoses around the turbo circuit. Especially the one near the MAP port of engine. Really need a vacuum pump or similar as you may not be able to visually see a problem with hose.

Car will still rev if you have leaking vacuum hose but car will not perform as normal. If the turbo is not in boost pressure due to leaky vacuum hoses, I would think that your fuel air errors would be as a result of the above.

There are a number of us NS owners that have had a perished vacuum hose near the MAP port, that has given us grief, and similar issue.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

An odd one for sure. In my mind, if the engine still revs(even if not 100% properly, missing, backfiring etc) when in drive it should still move from a standstill regardless. How high does the engine rev when it’s not moving? Do you mean idling, 1500rpm, 2500rpm?? Anything above idle will get you above 5kph unless as OJ said it thinks the brakes are on and is limiting power.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Sorry , just noticed the part where the OP stated only 5km/h . What I was describing wouldn't cause that. I think OJ is on point.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
All the reported intermittent symptoms still point towards the brake switch is not releasing correctly so the AT ECU still thinks the brakes are applied.

The INVECS Adaptive Learning AT program has several built in self protection functions that limit engine power if the brakes are still applied (or the AT ECU is getting a signal that the brakes are still applied) and or the wheel speed is low compared to engine rpm. This is to protect the torque convertor from damage. Brake switch is a cheap and easy replacement so this would be my first action if I could not fault the switch or its adjustment.

Or there is some intermittent problem with the signal from the accelerator pedal but the OP has checked these and at the time of checking they were OK. The only way to exclude these are to either replace the sensors or wire in two digital voltmeters and monitor the voltage during normal and abnormal conditions.

OJ.
Thanks OJ and all the rest gents, I appreciate your attitude.
For me the INVECS self destruction protection in A/T is reasonable. I will check it the brake switch again.
I found it also in official Mitsu check list for the A/T troubles - check a Stop lamp switch - Brake pedal: Depressed (ON) & Brake pedal: Released (OFF). There are 4 pins and the 1-2 is for Stop lamp. Needs measure by ohmmeter of continuity (when is released) or no continuity (when is pusshed). Pushed range must be 4 +/-0.5mm.

Same findings for the APP sensor - why is not there a Fault code:
If accelerator pedal position sensor output voltage is 0.2 V or lower at times other than when the engine is idling, the output is judged to be too low and code No.21 is set. ..... Main is in expected value range 500-4000mV. Then APP is out of suspicious. But still open logging in my Android Torque APP connected to ECU (logged all info from ECU, also for both potentiometers), no suspicious data there (but still not yet happened the car hesitate issue from permanent logging). Really recommended feature, because you can read by MS Excel all the data.

Thanks again!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Humour me..

Have you tried in "Manual" mode on starting from stand still?
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Solved

Thx gents for your help! The switch is changed, no such issue discovered till now.

Now I have automated open Logging in Torque Pro App (from booting of Car radio). But for the future I have to find “hiden” Paj MUT PIDs for sensors or for ECU statuses, e.g. Switch Light ON/OFF.