• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BanjoPato
    • Jun 2015
    • north Coast

Service costs

I know its been said before but this is why people abandon the dealer for services.

2013 PB Challenger 105k service.
    Dealer $1200
    Private $600
    Includes fluids and valve clearances.
    Cheers

Don
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by BanjoPato View Post
    I know its been said before but this is why people abandon the dealer for services.

Dealer $1200
    Private $600

I don't know what the 105,000 includes on the Challenger but when you say fluids what fluids are we talking about? Does it include engine oil, transfer case, diffs, coolant and transmission oil? Air filter, oil filter and fuel filter.

Labour alone for tappet adjustment is 3 to 4 hours plus gasket kit.

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
      I don't know what the 105,000 includes on the Challenger but when you say fluids what fluids are we talking about? Does it include engine oil, transfer case, diffs, coolant and transmission oil? Air filter, oil filter and fuel filter.

Shouldn't really matter. Quote is for the 105,000klm service. Just another example of a dealer rip off.
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• BanjoPato
        • Jun 2015
        • north Coast

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post

Yep includes all oil & filters as per log book.
        Must admit I was surprised at the difference, expected maybe $200.

I used this mechanic for a previous vehicle & thought he did good work,should have went back as soon as the Challengers warranty expired.
        Cheers

Don

Comment

• KevL
          • May 2015
          • Murphys Creek

Dealer $1200

Private $600

You’re not getting valve clearance checked for that money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• BMN
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2010
            • Perth WA

Originally posted by KevL View Post

Maybe, maybe not. It really depends on what fluids/filters etc are done on 2013 plate 105k service. The service schedule changed between models so its hard to know. If its just a basic engine oil/filter and valve clearance then its a good price and your not getting ripped off.
            I reckon plenty of peeps coughing up $1200 are not actually getting a cover off valve clearance done anyway
            2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• BanjoPato
              • Jun 2015
              • north Coast

Originally posted by KevL View Post

Well according to the mechanic I am, will need to leave the truck there the night before for that purpose.
              Cheers

Don

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Well according to the mechanic I am, will need to leave the truck there the night before for that purpose.

One or two discreet pencil marks on rocker cover bolts will indicate if it was removed......just for peace of mind..
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• BanjoPato
                  • Jun 2015
                  • north Coast

Service costs.

Finally got the bill for the service, $842 as labour was more then the computer model & rocker cover gasket not included in original guesstimate.
                  Even had a wash, dealer never did that.
                  Cheers

Don

Comment

• KevL
                    • May 2015
                    • Murphys Creek

Service costs

Finally got the bill for the service, $842 as labour was more then the computer model & rocker cover gasket not included in original guesstimate.

Even had a wash, dealer never did that.

Almost exactly what I paid recently for 105k service with valve clearance check. Private mechanic.

As an aside, this was the first physical clearance check since 30k. I asked them to note what was required in regard to adjustment. 2 slightly tight, the rest a bit loose. None out by much though the counter jockey couldn’t quantify exactly as they don’t actually measure the existing clearance. Either the correct feeler gauge fits or it doesn’t and is adjusted accordingly. Saves time.
                    Engine is noticeably quieter though now.

Comment

• Redtag
                      • Aug 2015
                      • Adelaide

Almost exactly what I paid recently for 105k service with valve clearance check. Private mechanic.

This is also about what I paid for my 120,000 service that included tappet clearance adjustment (not aural check), rear diff oil, brake fluid replacement, fool filter etc, but not engine oil and filter as I did that myself. That was from a dealer.
                      Motor is noticeably quieter and seems to be a little more economical than before. At a recent trip on Yorke Peninsula (flat as a tack, to those not familiar with SA) the dash readout indicated low 9 high 8 l/100km using 4th cruising at about 100kph (no wind to speak of, unusual for that part of the world). Fill up volume confirmed the consumption and it seems better around town too.
                      At this point in the vehicle's life (we've had it for about 30,000km now) I'm tempted to get a new set of hoses for the turbo and get them installed at the next service (keeping the old ones as spares for trips). Anyone have any comments as to whether the silicone hoses are any better than OEM (I know silicone is cheaper)?
                      Redtag
                      Charcoal PB auto, 2012. Pretty bog standard at the moment - nudge bar and IPF HID driving lights (bodgy retrofit by previous owner!), factory rear difflockt, Bushkins for intercooler and front diff, Toyo OPAT 265/65/R17 LT, profile bars and Oztrail awning, Ultragauge Blue, EGR plug n'play, Automate and paddles.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X