• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pearcie
    BushSkinz 4x4
    • Nov 2007
    • Wattagans

Oki doki, another accessory done, and probably one of the most important. I have now finally got another set of spotties all mounted up, I ended up getting a set of Lightforce 240 Blitz, I was looking at getting the XGT as that is what I had previously but now with the winch installed I am glad I decided on the blitz. They sit forward a little more and allow for easy access down through the top of the bullbar to the clutch on the winch etc.

I will take a couple of pics in the morning but I think they really finish off the front of the paj very nicely. Now all I need to do is import some HID's I plan on converting the spotties to 70w HID and the fog lights and high beams to 35w HID. I have been informed that because the SWB X and atleast the Exceed have self leveling headlights this is actually a legal mod, of course you wouldn't use all that light output until your out in the boonies anyway, but after hitting around a dozen roos and a couple of close calls on a few bulls on our last WA trip being able to see is crucial when you do a lot of night driving out there.

On a different note I have done 3 tanks of fuel in the last week each of which has consistently returned about 50km more per tank since the exhaust has been done. I had been babying it around for the last few months trying to get the tires to last through the cape trip but I have resigned myself to the fact that I really need to put some fresh ones on. So I have been driving her a little harder in particular the first 1/4 of this tank and I still got a significant amount more kms before I got to the 3/4 full mark.

Cheers,
    Kieron
    Last edited by Pearcie; 22-04-10, 12:10 AM.
    2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
    Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• icysyrup
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • USA

Good to see that the exhaust is giving you an improvement on mileage. I have felt like I am the only saying that it "DOES" improve mileage a little.
      03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Pearcie
        BushSkinz 4x4
        • Nov 2007
        • Wattagans

Hi Icysyrup,
        I think with exhausts it really comes down a lot to the vehicle. I know that it made a small improvement on our NM V6 but for the sake of the $1000 I wouldn't say it was worth it but we had cracked the manifold so it had to get replaced anyway and it sounded a lot nicer had a lot more mid range go, but I never felt the old V6 was lacking in power so wouldn't of paid the money if it wasn't broken.

The Diesel is a different kettle of fish though as even compared to the old V6 it is pretty gutless and with the chip and exhaust it is like a completely different vehicle. Personal opinion but from what I have experienced turbo vehicle's in general will benefit significantly from the exhaust. You just need to find a good muffler to keep it very quiet if that is of a concern. With that being said would I pay $1000 or even $2000 that some places charge for a full system, definitely not unless it was damaged. But for the sake of a few hundred bucks it is definitely worth replacing the restrictive standard Mitsu mufflers, best bang for your buck exhaust wise.

Cheers,
        Kieron
        Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Comment

• Pearcie
          BushSkinz 4x4
          • Nov 2007
          • Wattagans

Oki Doki here tare the pics of the front all finished off now with the new lightforces.

Cheers,
          Kieron
          Attached Files

Comment

• Pearcie
            BushSkinz 4x4
            • Nov 2007
            • Wattagans

Finally the BushSkinz paj has a full set of new suspension and new rubber is going on early in the morning. I went for a full set of Bilstein's with Lovells raised extra heavy duty front springs and Lovell's raised heavy duty SWB springs.

To say the least I am absolutely stoked with the new suspension. In the last week the rear suspension started feeling extremely bad and in some situations pretty unsafe. As it turns out both rear shocks had completely let go. So that means that I got 2 years and 65,000km out of Pedders 4x4 suspension. Which is about 50% of the km's and age that the genuine suspension lasted in our old NM paj so I definitely don't think it is up to par.

I'll post some pics tomorrow once the tires have been done.

Cheers,
            Kieron

Comment

• HSV Rangie
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2010
              • Hastings

Kieron,

looking good.

I just finished instaling 55wat HID 6000s to the high beams and Ialso had the 170 Light forces converted to 55watt HID 6000. so good to be able to see where one is going, now just to sort out low beam HID not legal hmmmmm.

Still havent had time to fit the shocks and springs.

Michael.
              2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

• Pearcie
                BushSkinz 4x4
                • Nov 2007
                • Wattagans

Thanks Michael,
                I have been thinking about doing the HID upgrade to the Lightforces for a while now but just never seems to be a priority compared to other things. I must say though that the spread beam is fantastic if you take the reflector off (I still haven't replaced one of mine).

As mentioned the other day here is a pic of the paj with the new suspension very happy with the lift and ride is much better now as well. Also the new tyres are soooo quiet (same type) but just seem to be a lot quieter then the other ones were when they were new, could just be that I was so used to the deafening raw of the old tyres but these are almost silent, I am sure they will get much louder as they age.....

Cheers,
                Kieron
                Attached Files

Comment

• MSF
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2009
                  • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Love your shorty..

When I am up your way next, I'd love to come and do a full photoshoot of it for you and you can use the images if you like - (I want to get a closer look for ideas on ours
                  Fair trade ???

Comment

• Pearcie
                    BushSkinz 4x4
                    • Nov 2007
                    • Wattagans

Hi MSF,
                    Sounds good to me mate, Just give me a week or 2 notice and I will organise a new reflector for one of our spotties and change over to our actual rock sliders rather then the prototypes which are normally on the vehicle. Gotta make sure she is looking the part for it

Unfortunately the storage unit is no longer in the vehicle as we simply can't use it with the baby seat in the back these days. So if anybody is interested only looking for a couple of hundred to cover the materials.

Cheers,
                    Kieron

Comment

• Uncle Fester
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2007
                      • Boambee East NSW

Originally posted by Pearcie View Post
                      Unfortunately the storage unit is no longer in the vehicle as we simply can't use it with the baby seat in the back these days. So if anybody is interested only looking for a couple of hundred to cover the materials.

Cheers,
                      Kieron
                      Will your storage unit fit a LWB NM and does it include the fridge slide?
                      NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

• Pearcie
                        BushSkinz 4x4
                        • Nov 2007
                        • Wattagans

Hi Uncle Fester,
                        The rear section with the fridge slide would fit, it is just over 600mm deep from memory. I made the fridge slide and built it in to it so it will come with the fridge slide from memory the size of our fridge is a 45L Waeco.

Cheers,
                        Kieron

Comment

• Richo-NT
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2009
                          • Brisbane

hey Pearcie, hows the rear protection bar coming along mate?
                          2009 NT Pajero GLX 3.2 Auto - Sold

Comment

• onallfour
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2010
                            • Camden, Sydney

whats the new pajero look like Kieron.
                            Cool Silver 09 VRX, tinted glass all around, 2 inch HD lovells, bilsteins, poly airbags, Airtek snorkel, dual battery, ARB deluxe winch bar, Lightforce 240's, Warn winch, Bushskinz full bash plates, UHF, scangauge, Bogaard turbo timer, towbar, 65 ltr brown davis fuel tank, on board ARB compressor + outlets, 50A anderson on towbar, rear diff lock-traction control modification, diff breathers, in-dash battery voltmeters, EGR blank, hacked navman, Cooper AT3's, Stebel horns.

Comment

• Brissyguy
                              • Apr 2012
                              • Brisbane

Keiron

How you find the muddies handle on the road? Other than the noise lol
                              Mazda BT 50, dual cab, silver, 60 ltr fridge freezr, UHF , bullbar, sports bar

More to come as can afford it

Retired the old NS

Comment

• Pearcie
                                BushSkinz 4x4
                                • Nov 2007
                                • Wattagans

Hi mate,
                                I think everyone's perception will be different but for some reason I feel more confident in every situation with muddies compared to highway terrains etc. muddies may have less grip in the wet but I find they don't aqua plain as much which I find more concerning. Can't fault them in the dry. Noise was my only concern but the km2's I find very good all round so far. Wouldn't have any other tyre now that I have 17" rims. Had bad experience with BFG all terrains. Had a whole swag of highway/all terrain type tyres but they all seem useless after 30-40k. Fuel economy is probably the only down side but not much worse then an all terrain. Noticeably worse then a highway terrain though.

Probably depends on the road but the muddies do seem to have more grip then the highway terrains going down the sealed mountain road from the property. The highway terrains seemed more prone to under steer. Hope this helps but essentially I find muddies these days pretty good. Won't bother with all terrains again after last time. The tread blocks are just too small and fall apart.

Cheers
                                Kieron

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X