• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajshomoneroguntero
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Sydney

Engine ECU Protection

I’m planning a trip up to Cape York in August maybe September but will depend if the Paj ever gets back from the repairer in time. My intention is to explore the tracks like Frenchman’s, and the OTT North and South ie expose the car to potentially deep water crossings. My concern lies with the engine ECU since it is exposed in the engine bay. From what I can gather every other ECU is inside the cabin. Although up high if traction is lost during a crossing I assume it won’t take long for the ECU to become submerged.

Are there any strategies for protecting the ECU? I was thinking of taking to the box with clingwrap maybe even hitting that with lanolin, of course the wiring under the box makes things challenging.
    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X