Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Suspension choice for NS - OME vs Ironman, and which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pronvit
    • Mar 2019
    • New Zealand

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
    Axle weights are easy to get.
    Well, sure, I just didn't know if weighbridges produce correct values in this situation (when the weight is applied to one end of them). Anyway, I'll post once I get some numbers.
    2008 Pajero NS V6. Factory rear diff lock. OME suspension. Ironman underbody protection. Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform. ASFIR hidden winch mount, Ridge Ryder 12000lbs winch.

2006 LR Discovery 3 TDV6.

Comment

• rgrubby
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2018
      • Wellington - NZ

Originally posted by pronvit View Post
      It's a winch mount from Asfir http://www.asfir.com/mitsubishi-Pajero%20/503020 I've seen some mentions of it here on the forums. I don't even have a winch yet so obviously can't say how well it will actually perform but so far I can highly recommend it - fast shipping, easy installation and looks strong. It fits very very well to all the stock parts and holes (for some reason I didn't expect it to be that good). The only problem is that it comes without installation instructions whatsoever, they only provide a detailed drawing how to put together the mount itself which has quite a few parts. On the other hand, once you've removed the bumper it's pretty clear what to do.

Sadly I forgot to make any useful photos after fitting it as I wanted to put the bumper back first thing in the morning, and with the bumper on it's, well, hidden.

Thanks for that info. I have been looking at that one myself and when I asked for installation guide they gave me the same drawing.
      In my attached photo, where do the hooks connect? Do they hook into the recovery points or is there somewhere else they hook into?
      hooks.jpg
      2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Kaon and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• pronvit
        • Mar 2019
        • New Zealand

Originally posted by rgrubby View Post
        Do they hook into the recovery points or is there somewhere else they hook into?
        They connect to the very base of the recovery points, behind them. Here, I found a couple of early photos when I tried to understand where everything goes.

2008 Pajero NS V6. Factory rear diff lock. OME suspension. Ironman underbody protection. Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform. ASFIR hidden winch mount, Ridge Ryder 12000lbs winch.

Comment

• pronvit
          • Mar 2019
          • New Zealand

Originally posted by pronvit View Post
          Well, sure, I just didn't know if weighbridges produce correct values in this situation (when the weight is applied to one end of them). Anyway, I'll post once I get some numbers.
          So far I only found out the total weight (need to find a less busy weighbridge to do the rest). It's 2650kg with a driver, almost full tank, two child seats but just a newborn in the back (and other accessories/gear I mentioned earlier).

The springs are 2914 front and 3110 rear.

Comment

• pronvit
            • Mar 2019
            • New Zealand

Measured height of the empty car (only 25kg of child seats in the back):

front left 522mm
            front right 532mm
            rear left/right 555mm

Comment

• pronvit
              • Mar 2019
              • New Zealand

Originally posted by rgrubby View Post
              Did you get any further on this? Are you sure they gave you the correct springs?
              Yes, the springs are correct. I ordered all new spring insulators/pads and other stuff, hopefully it will improve the situation (front lower insulators are missing completely). Maybe I'll add a small 6mm strut spacer.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X