• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alanymarce
    • Apr 2015
    • Colombia

Originally posted by CeeJay View Post
    Does anyone know how much it is to get them recharged? Or is it not worth it - toss and replace?
    Where we live it's a legal requirement (good thing). When travelling we carry two (so that if we use one we are still legal). When on camping trips we carry a fire blanket as well.

I'd post a photo but it''s not on a website so no URL : (

Comment

• jaffles
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2020
      • Tamborine Mountain

Have ordered 2x 1.5KG 2A:30B:E. They come with a hose, canister size is 380 x 89. I will put them on the floor just in front of each front row seat.
      Also got 1 x 1A:20B:E for the back door. No hose, canister size 372 x 81.

Just so happened I had a 1.5 of the same spec in the kitchen so could do a measure up. Given the size is marginally larger it made no difference to where it was getting mounted. But has 3 times the stopping power with better direction control. The 1kg has two times. The price was fair but double a super cheap 1kg for example, guess that makes sense. Paid $170 for 3 extinguishers with $16.50 freight and GST.

Comment

• paceman
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2018
        • Mackay

Originally posted by jaffles View Post
        Have ordered 2x 1.5KG 2A:30B:E. They come with a hose, canister size is 380 x 89. I will put them on the floor just in front of each front row seat.
        Also got 1 x 1A:20B:E for the back door. No hose, canister size 372 x 81.
        are you just making up your own bracket for these units? or just bolting the bracket straight to the floor?
        Paceman's NT Pajero

Comment

• spot01
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
          I seen the result of weekend warrior whom decided to backburn.

Funny now

What he did was got his New compact tractor with deck & mowed the fire out in panic.

The idea does have merit i suppose

The fire brigade did save the day & machine mostly, there was melted bits & paint damage

I guess we may have all seen the firiey's at shows demonstration with lounge foam/ car seat etc, i've showed my kids few times you tube to understand down on ground & go, but it does it no justice & always meant to, never actually have physically demonstrate as its something that gives one a far higher level of understanding of what will happen.

The heat is incredible & one thing, the amount fo black toxic smoke & speed its produced, amount is next level.

Everyone should do a Fire Safety Course - actually putting out a fire is very different from what most people think, as is evacuating people. Knowing what to do often makes the difference between a good outcome & a bad one. Calm actions v's panic.

Everyone should have a fire plan for the home also, not just people in high fire risk areas - practice it & teach your kids. In the middle of the night, in a dark & smoke filled house, it makes the world of difference if everyone knows what to do & where the alternative exits are. Tragically, we see the awful results of no planning all too often.

One little tip - always leave a torch & house keys by your bed.
          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• jaffles
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2020
            • Tamborine Mountain

Originally posted by paceman View Post

are you just making up your own bracket for these units? or just bolting the bracket straight to the floor?
            I'm going to make up some brackets similar to post 40

Comment

• Jasonmc73
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2019
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by spot01 View Post

Everyone should do a Fire Safety Course - actually putting out a fire is very different from what most people think, as is evacuating people. Knowing what to do often makes the difference between a good outcome & a bad one. Calm actions v's panic.

Everyone should have a fire plan for the home also, not just people in high fire risk areas - practice it & teach your kids. In the middle of the night, in a dark & smoke filled house, it makes the world of difference if everyone knows what to do & where the alternative exits are. Tragically, we see the awful results of no planning all too often.

One little tip - always leave a torch & house keys by your bed.
              My kids there is no appliances when an adult is not home, eating is fridge & cupboard.
              (not real old but do come home from school from time to time)

I watch You tube from time to time & then ask,

Huge one my mind, my house has many exits, is kids in bedroom with house on fire, security screen on windows.

I ask my kids, "So how are you going to get out"

Windows got mesh over it aye, what are you going to do apart from perish?

Would a kid in panic ever think, close door, block under door, smash the window & how will you smash the window?

If the lounge is on fire, your in room, good luck getting through the smoke to access the door.

Once upon a time, we had ads on telli when i was kid "Get down low & GO GO GO", those were the days
              Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• oldn64
                • Feb 2021
                • Melbourne

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post

My kids there is no appliances when an adult is not home, eating is fridge & cupboard.
                (not real old but do come home from school from time to time)

I watch You tube from time to time & then ask,

Huge one my mind, my house has many exits, is kids in bedroom with house on fire, security screen on windows.

I ask my kids, "So how are you going to get out"

Windows got mesh over it aye, what are you going to do apart from perish?

Would a kid in panic ever think, close door, block under door, smash the window & how will you smash the window?

If the lounge is on fire, your in room, good luck getting through the smoke to access the door.

Once upon a time, we had ads on telli when i was kid "Get down low & GO GO GO", those were the days
                Yes we are potentially similar ages.

Alot of the time this is covered in the schools. Though I know that there is more coverage when in country areas.

Kids can be very good in a routine setup. just need to practise and givealternative thoughts on how to do stuff.

They learn heaps of life skills at school, just put some more into them and you will be fine.

Cheers
                95 White LWB Panda coloured GLS TD28 rebuilt running 18psi, 3" lift, 2" body lift, factory LSD maxxis bighorn MT - Club reg

Daughters - 2003 NP Exceed Silver, 2" Lift, new race prepped 3.5 v6 (high comp king race bearings, hasting race rings) ported heads & inlet. Rebuilt Auto, extra cooler.

Wifey - 2014 NW GLS White 3.2TD manual, 2" lift, 17" CSA Jackels, Maxxis Razr MT (275/70), bushskiz ubody, ARB Sahara, Smittybuilt 12000lbs Winch, dynema rope, twin batteries, GME tx4100, rear drawers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X