X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cpt-mud
    • Feb 2008

Brake fluid leak

My wifes 89 pajero, That im not allowed to take off road, she has seen what i do to the cruiser , has developed a leak where the brake fluid resivor bolts onto the booster. Is this as simple as a seal, or am i looking at something a lot worse??
    85 swb pajero 2.6 astron
  • jimako
    • Jul 2007
    • Hoppers Crossing VIC

Most likely just a seal, you can get a Master Cylinder Seal / Rebuild kit.

Or if your not confident in rebuilding it just by a new Master Cylinder

Easy job to do, and i wouldnt wait to long before fixing it..
    2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

• dolphin
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008

yes just remove the resivour after draining the fluid out firstly and replace the seal and top up with more fluid. with abit of luck you wont get any air into the cylinder which if so you,ll have to bleed the cylinder .
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• cpt-mud
        • Feb 2008

thanks guys, next problem is tracking down a seal kit, have contacted mitsibishi, repco and abs brakes, and no has a listing for 1
        85 swb pajero 2.6 astron

Comment

• dolphin
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2008

if you cant get any listings for the seal, i would think there isn,t one. i would try tightening up the cup abit and check later for leaks then if still leaking, remove the cup resivour and see what type of seal is used as maybe it could be a simple rubber type O -ring that can be purchased at either a hardware or plumbing shop.
          NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• jimako
            • Jul 2007
            • Hoppers Crossing VIC

I got a seal kit from Bursons about a year ago.
            Ask for a (MASTER BRAKE CYLINDER SEAL KIT)
            If you cant find one you could just replace the complete unit with a new one,
            2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X