Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Provent catch cans install position ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lando
    Valued Member
    • May 2013
    • Lake Maquarie NSW

Provent catch cans install position ideas?

Ok guys...ive searched and looked for some ideas but am at a crossroads as to where to fit my new provent catch can?

Im running a airtec snorkel...currently with the little water bottle fitted behind the ds headlight until I mod the stock bottle....this seems like the most logical place im thinking?

I want to run a pirahna dual battery tray so that area is very limited aswell?

Where do you guys put yours? Any help would be greatly appreciated as im stumped lol
    MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!
  • PMK
    • Jul 2012
    • Sunbury

G day
    I notice alot are mounting to the LH side firewall but as I have a dual battery setup I had to find elsewhere.
    I mounted mine inside the RH guard behind the airbox. It fits nicely between there & the brake master cylinder.
    You have to relocate a couple things. (Alarm horn & a relay box)
    I have put some pics on my photobucket. The link is in my signiture below
    Cheers, Paul
    Last edited by PMK; 30-06-13, 05:33 PM.
    SOLD - 2010 NT Pajero DiD Activ Mica Black - Safari Snorkel,T/Dog - 50mm Lovells rear, f/stone airbags, 50mm bilst/lov front. Ctek D250S. L/force 170's, Teko P3, C/Barrier, B/stone D697LT, GME TX4400, UltraGuage. ARB Sahara Bar. Bushskinz i/c, sump guards. Provent 200 & SPVi Mod. & d/son secondary fuel filter.

Check out my Photo Bucket;
    http://s268.beta.photobucket.com/use...60064201786735

Comment

• Lando
      Valued Member
      • May 2013
      • Lake Maquarie NSW

Im thinking my airtec snorkel pipework will stop me going that route? Looks neat though!
      MY14 NW GLX-R

Comment

• PMK
        • Jul 2012
        • Sunbury

Originally posted by Lando View Post
        Im thinking my airtec snorkel pipework will stop me going that route? Looks neat though!
        Yeh took me ages to find that spot & was a tight fit & a little difficult. But happy with the result.
        I'm not familiar with the Airtec snorkel routing, I have the Safari & the pipe from the airbox goes into the guard in front of the box.
        Good luck with finding another spot........ It's getting pretty tight in there !!!
        Cheers, Paul
        SOLD - 2010 NT Pajero DiD Activ Mica Black - Safari Snorkel,T/Dog - 50mm Lovells rear, f/stone airbags, 50mm bilst/lov front. Ctek D250S. L/force 170's, Teko P3, C/Barrier, B/stone D697LT, GME TX4400, UltraGuage. ARB Sahara Bar. Bushskinz i/c, sump guards. Provent 200 & SPVi Mod. & d/son secondary fuel filter.

Check out my Photo Bucket;
        http://s268.beta.photobucket.com/use...60064201786735

Comment

• kibz
          • Jul 2007
          • Melb, Victoria

I've got the airtec snorkel too, I going to put my Provent between the air box and radiator, it will be a tight fit but should fit. I need to remove my old oil catch can and fit the Provent in it's place. Need to fabricate some bracket first though.

Here is a pic of my current catch can position.
          Attached Files
          Cheers,
          Paul

Comment

• Lando
            Valued Member
            • May 2013
            • Lake Maquarie NSW

Yep kibz...thats where im thinkin itll fit...my airtec 1L bottle is their atm..so I might relocate that til I can mod the stock bottle

Seems the only place itll fit I think
            MY14 NW GLX-R

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X