• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill13
    • Apr 2010
    • Kingaroy. Qld

Slick 50 oil additive

I am after an oil additive named 'Slick 50' to put in my Pajero diesel motor.
    I have used it numerous times in the past and have found it to be excellent in protecting the bottom end of the motor.
    I have not been able to find it anywhere where I can purchase it,even searched on the internet but with no positive result.
    Hope somewhere out there can point me to where I can buy some.
    Old age and cunning will over come youth and enthusiasm
  • Jinx
    • Jan 2012
    • Narangba Queensland

Try this web site. Just do a search on Google.
    2010 NT GLS Pajero LWB auto V6. Bilstein shocks, 2" HD Lovells, Bushskinz bash plates, Rhino roof racks, GME TX3540 80 channel, ARB Sahara bar and awning so far.
    Still doing the same things I did 35 years ago but much better. Too old to change now.

Comment

• wrexy
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2011
      • Bakers Hill, WA

Nulon E30 is a similar (better in my opinion) Aussie product. I have used it for years & I'm a believer. Repco should stock it, think the company is in NSW.
      MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
      Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
      http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

• Bill13
        • Apr 2010
        • Kingaroy. Qld

Thanks for your replies. I shall order some tomorrow and put it in next service. Cannot understand how I did not see that link on my Google search.
        Thanks again.

Comment

• basil
          • Apr 2012
          • Gembrook

Original Slick formula

Guy's if you are looking for the original slick 50 formula, do NOT buy what is currently on the shelf as it is in no way the same thing as the original thing.
          John Bishop who discovered the stuff originally in 1974 sold out to a global oil giant for many tens of millions, including the patents.
          They then went ahead and dismantled this formula as it was simply too effective. It reduced wear dramatically which had a considerable effect on fuel consumption and oil usage also. This happening on a large scale was not good buisiness for the oil giant who also had shares in automotive parts manufacturers, both large scale diesel and petrol etc.
          Once they owned it, they temperarily removed the original formula from circulation and changed it dramatically so that it simply didn't work any more.

Knowing they had such a huge market already in the slick they continued to sell it any how, and still do to this day.
          Distributors around the world received a letter saying that the formula had changed and as a result the oil company in question were willing to compensate these people already distributing the slick up to 5% of their total sales for the first year after the change and then 3% the second year, and then 1% for the third year, after which they would get sod all.

The local distributors knowing that their sales would plummit once the customers worked out that it wasn't the same product and was in fact essentially useless now, had no way of pursuing the owner of the product due to the contract they were given.

When John Bishop was notified about this, he challenged the new owner on environmental grounds alone, due to the fact that the exhaust emissions alone from vehicles treated with his original formula changed considerably for the better, and after exhaustive testing buy many of the biggest independant automotive testers, this couldn't be argued.

When he visited the company in person, and told them of his intentions, he was abruptly told that if he challenfed them on any grounds at all, that they would sue him for everything that he now owned, and with a hundred plus QC's at their disposal, he was hesitant to say the least.

I know this due to knowing a distributor who spent a great deal of time explaining the whole sorry story over many conversations as his buisiness started to collapse. I used to buy bulk additive from him for our manufacturing plant and also for personal use. He sold around thirty grand a month of it here in Australia alone and the biggest users being the mining and heavy transport industries, who had so much to gain from using it.

So to cut a long story short (well a bit shorter anyway) the original formula is now being made again by John but it is sold under the original name of Lubrilon. He has not as yet been challenged by S,,,,l.
          It is available here in Australia from xcelplus.com.au.

I personally have nothing to gain from telling people this but I get asked from different people how can they get the original formula still.

Just bought some again, thank god.

So there it is people.
          Barry.
          Last edited by basil; 02-06-12, 12:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• craka
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Newcastle (Newie)

It appears that URL is not valid as yet or is incorrect. You able to check and comfirm what the correct web address is?
            NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• GHendo
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2012
              • Northern NSW

Originally posted by craka View Post
              It appears that URL is not valid as yet or is incorrect. You able to check and comfirm what the correct web address is?
              I think this is probably the correct website ...

Provides super slippery lubrication with a single application. Classic formula Less friction, reduced wear, decreased noise, lower temperature, cleaner emissions and improved fuel consumption. Testing shows an 82% decrease in wear (equivalent to a 2.5-5x increase in engine lifespan), 36% improvement in fuel economy Estimated 4.3 ton reduction in CO2 emissions Proven and tested by independent labs, consumer organisations and government agencies
              03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• basil
                • Apr 2012
                • Gembrook

Sorry you are correct

I remain your most humble of servants

Thanks for that.

Comment

• johnniee_691
                  • Mar 2011
                  • Melbourne

does this stuff actually work?

Comment

• Keavo
                    • Jan 2011
                    • Queensland

And has anyone used on a 4m41? One bottle enough? It states 1 bottle for 7 liters. Paj is closer to 8 I think??

Comment

• Bill13
                      • Apr 2010
                      • Kingaroy. Qld

Originally posted by johnniee_691 View Post
                      does this stuff actually work?
                      If as basil says it is and is the same product as I used in the early eighties "Yes" it does work. Very well in fact. Fortunately I have not bought the new Slick 50 product yet and will purchase the product as basil described. I have looked at the web site and it looks good to me. I believe one bottle for 7 litres would be enough for my DiD Pajero.

Comment

• GHendo
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • Northern NSW

Originally posted by Keavo View Post
                        And has anyone used on a 4m41? One bottle enough? It states 1 bottle for 7 liters. Paj is closer to 8 I think??
                        When you change the filter you need about 8lt. with a 4M41.
                        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• basil
                          • Apr 2012
                          • Gembrook

GHendo it means that it treats a 7 litre engine not 7 litres of oil. It doesn't matter how much oil it holds, it is to do with the surface area of metal you are treating. Your engine will only need half a bottle to treat once and you can use the rest of it to treat your diffs and tranfer case also.
                          They sell it in 300 ml bottles for $99, so if you wanted to do the whole car including the power steering but not the automatic transmission, 2 of these bottles would treat everything, and leave you some spare.
                          Only add it once you have changed the oils so you can leave it in for as long as possible.

Generally I use 200mls in the engine which is a bit over what you need.
                          50mls in each diff.
                          100 mls in the transfer case, and the same in a manual box.
                          10 mls in the power steering pump.

Saying that I do buy it in bulk though.

Comment

• Slick1
                            • Nov 2018
                            • Sunshine, Victoria

What happened to Slick 50?

Here's the guy who invented Slick 50 talking about how the name was sold but the proprietary formula was not:

The original Slick-50 formula is now available as Xcelplus: The inventor, John Bishop explains why Slick-50 kept the name but he kept the formula. For more i...

:-)
                            Last edited by Slick1; 01-01-19, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X