• Show
Clear All
  • pauld
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2010
    • Melbourne

Originally posted by pjchris View Post
    Here is a pic of the Custom PID screen in OBDLink on my iPhone
    Thanks for the pic, what is your equation? That was cut off from the pic.

Thanks, Paul.
    2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• pauld
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2010
      • Melbourne

I have everything all working & setup now, works well.

But I have a scaling problem with the auto temp.

I had 80 on startup and it went up to 130 after a short drive

I have used:

Metric to English Scale Factor = 1.8
      Metric to English Offset = 32
      Equation F-50 - I pulled this from one of the posts above, but that used different scale factor and not sure of the offset on that one....

Also, I have done the EGR resistor mod previously, I assume when I read 0% that is what I want to see? As in 0% = closed.
      2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• pjchris
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by pauld View Post
        Thanks for the pic, what is your equation? That was cut off from the pic.

Thanks, Paul.
        No it's not... F-50 at the bottom.

As far as temps go I have never seen over 100 on my OBDLink.

It looks like you may be displaying the temperature in Fahrenheit not Celsius as 80 translates to 26 deg C and 130 to 54 deg C which is about what I get when starting off from cold and driving to work. Can you check the settings?
        2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

• pauld
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2010
          • Melbourne

As far as temps go I have never seen over 100 on my OBDLink.
          It looks like you may be displaying the temperature in Fahrenheit not Celsius as 80 translates to 26 deg C and 130 to 54 deg C which is about what I get when starting off from cold and driving to work. Can you check the settings?[/QUOTE]

Sorry mate, yep I wasn't looking at the image correctly on my iPhone.

So I just triple checked the settings of my custom PID v yours and all perfect.

I then went and checked the Units setting and it was definitely on C not F. I changed to F and saw the values for my engine and intake temp change accordingly but my transmission stayed with exact same value........ so yep looks like it is displaying F but I don't know why......

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

...yep looks like it is displaying F but I don't know why......
            It's because of this:

I have used:

Metric to English Scale Factor = 1.8
            Metric to English Offset = 32
            Multiply by 1.8 and add 32 is how you convert degrees C to degrees F.

Change the scale factor to 1, and offset to zero.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• pjchris
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
              It's because of this:

Multiply by 1.8 and add 32 is how you convert degrees C to degrees F.

Change the scale factor to 1, and offset to zero.
              No it's not. The offset can be positive or negative and the multiplier can be used to divide. I have mine set exactly as shown and driving home tonight the ATF temp started at about 28 degrees and got as high as 75-80.

I had a play with mine and changing the Temprature from F to C makes no difference to the custom PID.

Hiding at the bottom of the Preferences/Units screen is an option helpfully titled 'Other'.

Change this from English to Metric and it should change the custom PID from F to C.
              2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

• pauld
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2010
                • Melbourne

Thanks mate, problem resolved I think, test tomorrow.

Comment

• pjchris
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by pjchris View Post
                  No it's not. The offset can be positive or negative and the multiplier can be used to divide. I have mine set exactly as shown and driving home tonight the ATF temp started at about 28 degrees and got as high as 75-80.

I had a play with mine and changing the Temprature from F to C makes no difference to the custom PID.

Hiding at the bottom of the Preferences/Units screen is an option helpfully titled 'Other'.

Change this from English to Metric and it should change the custom PID from F to C.
                  Ok I was a bit quick to debunk this.

If you set the scale factor to 1 and the offset to 0 the guage displays in Centigrade no matter what the Preferences/Units/Other setting is.

At the end of the day though either will work.

Peter

Comment

• pauld
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2010
                    • Melbourne

Confirm all working with the change to units. Awesome help, thanks guys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X