• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justcruizin
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Brisbane

P0107 MAP low volt fault - Help please

So the car is running like shite and keep getting the P0107 fault code. I replaced the MAP sensor but still going into limp mode.

What else do I need to check/investigate?
    08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

These threads might help. Could be manifold clogged up

2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• justcruizin
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2008
      • Brisbane

Thanks Aussieintas. Yes just had the manifold cleaned 2 months ago.

I am suspecting it is somehow electrical, as the problem has not been consistent and a new sensor has not fixed the problem.

I am not an electrical guru so not sure where to even start looking apart from connector plugs!!!
      08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110

Comment

• craka
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2009
        • Newcastle (Newie)

Check your vacuum hoses, especially the one near the map port for holes or splits. Really need or most accurately done by using a vacuum pump.

There has been several of us on this forum where the cause of MAP issues has been a split/perished vacuum hose with the culprit being the last leg of tube going into the MAP port of the engine.
        NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• justcruizin
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2008
          • Brisbane

Thanks Craka. That was going to be my next thing to check. I stuck the multi meter on the map plug and voltage is within specs (I think). 3.8v

I wriggled the wires and prodded the terminals inside the plug and it road tested ok. Actually went like the clappers.

Hopefully it was just a dodgy connection inside the plug. Time will tell I suppose. I have not heard of a faulty map connector causing issues in the past. Maybe I am the crash test dummy!!

Comment

• Retnaburn
            • Apr 2017
            • Melbourne

I was getting the same issues just yesterday but for p0108 high voltage fault map was throwing a hissy fit like no tomorrow limp mode when i had my lights and accessories on mostly at night.
            I knew my battery was dying before hand so i changed that first all good since test ur battery voltage before your first start of the morning and check if its low it might be it.
            Also I was getting u1120 that was kicking it into limp mode i would have to shut the car off restart it drive a couple more minutes then it would trip again but this time with cel which was then throwing p0108.
            Lwb Ns DID 08 Current
            Kj Verada Gtv Current
            Vz SSZ 6.0ltr Current

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X