• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Late Model Auto Transmission

A friend of mine has a fleet of Toyotas. Yes, I know, but I do associate with lower people at times....

One of these is a 100 series V8 Petrol/gas beastie, with auto transmission. I believe that the transmission is the same as in later model (NT onwards?) Pajeros. He uses his 100 series all the time to tow big trailers, but the thing doesn't have a lockup adaptor. I believe that he would benefit by having one.

Does anyone here know if the lockup adaption willbe suited to a Toyota 100 series? If so, how much, where do you get it, and how difficult is it to fit?
  • Scouter1
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2013
    • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by erad View Post
    Does anyone here know if the lockup adaption will be suited to a Toyota 100 series? If so, how much, where do you get it, and how difficult is it to fit?
    Wholesale Autos do a T/C lock kit for 100 series Tojos https://automatictransmission.com.au...eries-5-speed/

Cheers,
    Stephen
    2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Scouter1 View Post
      Wholesale Autos do a T/C lock kit for 100 series Tojos https://automatictransmission.com.au...eries-5-speed/

Cheers,
      Stephen
      Richards Auto Electrical also do a TC lockup kit that has a few more features than the Wholesale Automatic kit.

No secret that we are all lucky to be driving Mitsubishi's and have a choice of either Lockup Mate or Auto Mate from MM4x4.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• erad
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Cooma NSW

Thanks for your replies . I have passed this info onto my mate. I must admit that I am shocked at the price. I expected it would be much cheaper because there is not much in the kit, but that seems to be the price.

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by erad View Post
          Thanks for your replies . I have passed this info onto my mate. I must admit that I am shocked at the price. I expected it would be much cheaper because there is not much in the kit, but that seems to be the price.
          Agree, the basic TC lockup kits are over priced for what they are.

The MM 4x4 Lockup Mate and Auto Mate are far more sophisticated as they are piggy back microprocessor ECU's that give a level of protection, functionality and user friendliness that is not availble with any other TC lock up mod kit. Having been involved in the testing and tuning over a 12 month period I know how complicated and smart the programing of these ECU's are.

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X