• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • outbackogre
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2010
    • Melbourne

ASX - XA or XB experiences

I'm interested in feedback about the ASX, XA or XB, with the 2 lire petrol engine and CVT. I note some old threads on here but nothing very recent (apart from recalls). I'm looking to buy second hand (under 100,000 kms) and am wondering if it will be a reliable around town vehicle for another 50,000. Are there any recurring issues? Does it have timing chain or belt and when does it need replacing? I note an old thread indicating first gear was very tall. Is this causing anyone problems (I won't be towing)? Is it worth getting one that has a year or so of new car warranty? Thanks.
    My friends call me Rob; you can call me .... Rob.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    MY12 NW GL DiD auto. 2" MD Lovells/Bilstein lift. Bushskinz underbody protection. Home made rear platform with sliding boxes above and lots of space underneath.
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Shared components and known mechanicals make a reliable light SUV. New They might all look the same, or at the least similar, but not all SUVs are the same and buyers need to be aware of the differences when shopping for a new wagon. Mitsubishi built the ASX as a light-duty SUV best suited to city commuters who only

Comment

• GHendo
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Northern NSW

My son had a 2010 diesel Aspire he bought second hand that had a bit under 60,000km. on it when he bought it and was just out of warranty. It was a beautiful car and was lovely to drive and went faultlessly for about 6 months. THEN the bloody diesel motor started going into limp-home mode AND the cruise control began dropping out – ie. two separate problems.

After spending more than $2,500 for Mitsubishi dealers swapping out good parts for new ones, to experiment with a fix, they finally told us to get rid of it as they had absolutely no idea how to correct the problem.

Seeing you are looking at a petrol engine you may be ok, but if something does go wrong with the vehicle, don’t count on a dealer being able to fix it.

Cheers

Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Stroker
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Glenorie NSW

Hi Rob
        We bought a new MY 15.5 ASX as a run around shopping type car and aside from a handful of annoying recalls its been a pretty good all round vehicle. At the time we chose it for the 5 year warranty, it is made in Japan, and it had both reverse beepers and camera on the base model and tilt reach adjustment on the steering wheel. Its surprisingly spacious in the front too.
        It is definitely under powered by about 20 kilowatts I reckon and the fuel usage is much higher than I expected from a 2 litre 6 speed auto.
        It was $24,500 drive away and at the time used ones were not selling for much less
        I would def buy it again if I had my time over, no issues with it at all

Cheers Glenn
        NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

• outbackogre
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2010
          • Melbourne

Thanks for replies everyone. I'm wondering if the 2013 upgrades are worth going for?
          MY12 NW GL DiD auto. 2" MD Lovells/Bilstein lift. Bushskinz underbody protection. Home made rear platform with sliding boxes above and lots of space underneath.

Comment

• outbackogre
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2010
            • Melbourne

Saw it, drove it, bought it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X