• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gregmj
    • Feb 2017
    • Sydney

fACTORY BRAKE CONTROLLER HARNESS

I have fitted the factory brake controller harness but I am not getting any power to the red wire that comes from the brake lights when brakes are applied. I have triple checked wiring to instructions and everything seems right. I have read on here that someone else had this problem and found something not connected at the rear near the trailer socket or in rear quarter near jack from the trailer wiring harness.
    Anyone have any ideas? I'm all out.

Redarc tow pro elite
    Factory trailer harness (fitted at dealer)
    Factory brake harness.
    Constant green flashing light on Redarc unit when trailer plugged in (low voltage)
    Thanks.
  • DID Dash
    • Aug 2016
    • Australia

Not sure if I am a great help, but a mate and I fitted his 18MY Pajero Sport with factory EBH and Redarc Towpro a few weeks back. First thing we did is confirm the dealer installed factory Towbar and Towbar Harness were operating properly by checking if all trailer lights were operational. They were. Can you be sure your Towbar Harness was operational before your EBH install? Then we carefully followed the factory EBH fitting instructions. We found them reasonably easy to follow, but small fingers, good eyesight and patients are required, particularity backing out the red/white wire at the junction box. Fortunately our install was successful. We found that the active calibration took quite a while which meant green/blue flashing for some time. I would try giving all the connectors a good wriggle, disconnect the engine bay harnesses, check the fuses, reconnect, take the car for a good drive with firm braking and accelerating to calibrate, then check the trailer pin for all functions. I have had my 17MY Pajero Sport / factory towbar and harness / factory EBH and Towpro for about a year and it has been faultless. I believe Redarc have a good tech help line (never used myself) but might be worth a try if all other options fail. Good luck.
    17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• Gregmj
      • Feb 2017
      • Sydney

Thanks for that. Yes, towbar harness is working fine with all lights.
      The problem seems to be a disconnect on the red/white wire somewhere near the back. I have checked connections from tow pro throughout kick panel harness and have a good connection. I have read that the red/white wire needs to be connected somewhere behind the back bumper during towbar harness installation, but it seems this was not done.

Comment

• DID Dash
        • Aug 2016
        • Australia

Bugga, mates car had factory towbar harness installed by dealer prior to delivery. I suppose they followed usual fitment routine. We had no need to play with wiring at the towbar plug, nor behind the the cargo trims. Only interface for ETB instal is the engine bay harness and kick trim harness. Hope you sort it.
        17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• Pajsportwa
          • Aug 2017
          • Western Australia

Hi Greg did you solve the issue? I have the same problem and I have triple checked everything.

Comment

• Gregmj
            • Feb 2017
            • Sydney

No, ended up just running cable from Redarc controller back to harness in rear left quarter cavity. Should have just done this in the first place and saved myself about 4 hours.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X