• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mundy55
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2015
    • Gold Coast

Replacement provent 200 filter types

I went onto ebay to check out prices of new catch can filters (cotton) as I was baulking at paying over $70 for one. There are two basic types being advertised with part numbers 3931070550 and 3931051950. The compatability check for both these parts says not compatable for a Pajero 4M41.

Does anyone know what the difference between the two part numbers is and if either, both or none really are compatable?
  • peggsy69
    • Nov 2018
    • Edgewater, WA

voices in my head say 3931070550 is part # for whole ProVent200 assembly & 3931051950 is the replacement filter element only.
    They fit the 4M41 but might be issue with fitting location with different snorkels, if that applies. Check Western filters website for some info

Comment

• Mundy55
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2015
      • Gold Coast

Thanks, I'll take the risk. There's a lot of difference between $70 and $24 for a filter.

Comment

• jkwpajero
        • Jun 2008
        • Young, NSW

It seems that Proven that made a running change to the 200 series. The upgrade can be purchased as a kit . Just Google "Provent 200 conversion kit". Western Filters have the info.
        Last edited by jkwpajero; 23-05-20, 11:49 AM.
        2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2016
          • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by jkwpajero View Post
          It seems that Proven that made a running change to the 200 series. The upgrade can be purchased as a kit . http://https://www.westernfilters.ne...rn-filters.pdf
          Doesn't take me to western filters.

Comment

• jkwpajero
            • Jun 2008
            • Young, NSW

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
            Doesn't take me to western filters.
            The link is crook. See the edited post, and the attachment
            Attached Files
            2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
              Valued Member
              • May 2017
              • Sydney

Very interesting: https://4x4earth.com/forum/index.php...-filter.47367/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                Valued Member
                • May 2017
                • Sydney

No other provent owners interested in this? Now internally venting (relief valve) so no external indicator that the filter is full. Is that the only ramification?

At least the new filters work with the existing cap valve so no requirement to modify if you don’t want.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2019
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
                  No other provent owners interested in this? Now internally venting (relief valve) so no external indicator that the filter is full. Is that the only ramification?

At least the new filters work with the existing cap valve so no requirement to modify if you don’t want.

It is a step backwards from what I can tell?

If full use to make mess & alert it's full, now will just bypass & send oil vapour into manifold?
                  Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• gazza11
                    • Aug 2017
                    • Medowie NSW

Perhaps its a design thing to stop copies or make it harder for them!
                    NT Pajero Exceed-factory tow bar and nudge bar-Provent 200 catch can-Michelin LTX Force tyres-DBA slotted front rotors-Bendix 4x4 Pads-Sheep Skin front seat covers.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2017
                      • Sydney

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
                      It is a step backwards from what I can tell?

If full use to make mess & alert it's full, now will just bypass & send oil vapour into manifold?
                      Yep that’s what I’m thinking. Step backwards.

Originally posted by gazza11 View Post
                      Perhaps its a design thing to stop copies or make it harder for them!
                      That other forum I linked above suggested emissions rules. Good thinking though and possible.

Comment

• Lateron
                        • Mar 2020
                        • Melbourne SE

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
                        Yep that’s what I’m thinking. Step backwards.

That other forum I linked above suggested emissions rules. Good thinking though and possible.

That is my post on the other forum. I've had the new style installed for around 10k and its running ok so far. I suspect the side port would pop out if given too much pressure, the side valve is a pressure damper I think.
                        Last edited by Lateron; 24-05-20, 02:45 PM. Reason: Edit formatting

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X