• Show
Clear All
  • Old Paj
    Pajero Club Life Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Heathcote, Vic

USB Music/PodCasts

Hi all,

While I know that many probably stream there music or bluetooth from the phone etc. I like to have very specific music/PodCasts playing which I have put onto a Ultra Fit 64Gb USB Flash Drive, then plugged into one of the ports in the glovebox of my 2017 NX. I discovered that a recently purchased 64Gb v3.1 USB will not play. Similar music/podcasts on a larger style of 32Gb USB plays fine, however as I have had this for a number of years, the issue I am having may be:

a. The 2017 NX USB port is not compatible with 64Gb USB, either v3.1 or 2.0 (capacity restriction), or
    b. The 32Gb USB is v2.0 and hence works, but not v3.1 of any capacity, (I don't have a v3.1, Ultra Fit 32Gb to test, but $14 form Officeworks I am prepared to get one).

Does anyone have any thought/ideas on this?
    NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

My NW has an issue playing the larger usb sticks. I now have about 6 x 16 gig full of music. Will play 32 but 64 causes errors.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

I recall reading somewhere that the USB input on my NW Pajero is limited to 32 GB. This seems to be consistent with the observations above. I used a 16 GB on mine and this give hours of music.

Comment

• Pyro1970
        • Dec 2019
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Old Paj View Post
        Hi all,

While I know that many probably stream there music or bluetooth from the phone etc. I like to have very specific music/PodCasts playing which I have put onto a Ultra Fit 64Gb USB Flash Drive, then plugged into one of the ports in the glovebox of my 2017 NX. I discovered that a recently purchased 64Gb v3.1 USB will not play. Similar music/podcasts on a larger style of 32Gb USB plays fine, however as I have had this for a number of years, the issue I am having may be:

a. The 2017 NX USB port is not compatible with 64Gb USB, either v3.1 or 2.0 (capacity restriction), or
        b. The 32Gb USB is v2.0 and hence works, but not v3.1 of any capacity, (I don't have a v3.1, Ultra Fit 32Gb to test, but $14 form Officeworks I am prepared to get one).

Does anyone have any thought/ideas on this?
        Make sure its formatted in FAT32. I have the same 64gb usb and it is wont play in my media player also but another 64gb 3 drive I have will.

Comment

• Old Paj
          Pajero Club Life Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Heathcote, Vic

Originally posted by Pyro1970 View Post
          Make sure its formatted in FAT32. I have the same 64gb usb and it is wont play in my media player also but another 64gb 3 drive I have will.

Definitely the issue, and one of those Win 10 foibles, cannot format 64Gb USB to FAT32.

Reformatted to FAT32 (using and after market tool to do so).

All good.
          NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• humboldt
            • Mar 2020
            • Melbourne

There's no escaping Windows foibles !

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X