Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Has anyone tried the Fumoto Qwikvalve on their vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keeno
    • Jun 2007
    • knp

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
    No new copper washers to find every time for starters.
    No droping a sump plug in a bath of hot oil for seconds.
    No mess, no fuss.

Had one on my paj for about 3 years. No problems.
    Also had one on my 5LT Statesman. No problems.
    I'm happy you are happy with them but no thank you not for me.
    2010 NT D-ID

Comment

• Barneymutt
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2007
      • Regents Park. Qld

I fitted one at my last oil change, not due just yet for the next change.
      On the Paj it's up out of the way of any potential problems.
      In the past I've had all sorts of problems draining the oil, from dropping the plug into the oil and oil running down my arm. I can't see that happening now.
      I looked at fitting one to my Holden but it would hang too low.

Comment

• Papajero
        • May 2011
        • Perth

My concern is this. How far does the thread extend into the sump? Could be you're leaving 1-200ml of dirty oil that never gets changed?

If you pull the sump plug out you always get the maximum possible oil removal.

Anyone seen one fitted into a removed sump or done a careful measure of thread length?
        99 NL Exceed Auto. Dual batteries

Comment

• mrbitchi
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Brisbane

Boy some people get a***l.. I suppose you do a full flush of the engine every oil change too? And make sure the car is on a side slope to get the last mil or 2 out?

Seriously, any extra amount that may or may not be left behind due to one or 2 extra threads into the sump, as compared to what may have been left behind because the engine was not hot enough, not level enough to drain properly etc is completely immaterial.

I've used these valves on 2 cars over several years and not had ANY issues with draining ALL the oil / not draining ALL the oil, or any other thing you may dream up.

If my experience with them is not good enough well....
          Last edited by mrbitchi; 09-05-12, 02:45 PM.
          Cheers, John.
          LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
          Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Kingbrown
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2012
            • Port Augusta - SA

Thread Size for PB Challenger

Hi All,

Re: fitment of a Fumoto valve, can anyone tell me what the thread size is for the sump drain plug on the PB Challenger ?

An M14 x 1.5 seems common from what I've read of MITS vehicles, . . . but I want to be sure to be sure before purchase.
            2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Papajero
              • May 2011
              • Perth

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
              If my experience with them is not good enough well....
              Nope, it's not! But thanks for the laugh!
              99 NL Exceed Auto. Dual batteries

Comment

• ajmartin450
                • Aug 2010
                • Forest Hill Melbourne Vic

Hi.
                What size is sump plug 3.2 NS please

Comment

• MarkMan
                  • May 2010
                  • Kallangur, QLD

Hi All,

Curious With or Without the nipple?

What has been your preference?

thanks heaps in advance

p.s. changed oil today and thought gotta be an easier way, found this thread and went have to get me one of these.
                  2010 Pajero NT Exceed 3.2TD,SmartBar,Traxide USI-160,2xOptima D27F,Basha Batt Tray,2" Lift Bilstein/HD Lovells,BushSkinz Underbody Protection,MM Towbar,Redarc Tow Pro,SPV EGR Mod,Oricom UHF380,ANU200,18" D697's,240w 20" Lightbar,Airtec Snorkel,Rhino Pioneer Platform.MDC Forward Fold Cruizer V5 Camper Trailer-Wish List-Runva 11XP Winch,3"Exhaust, Chip,BushSkinz Rear Bumper Protection & Side Steps,Joolca Hot Tap,more money, more time,and, and,

Comment

• Barneymutt
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2007
                    • Regents Park. Qld

I would recommend the nipple (or hosetail). With a bit of hose you can direct it straight into an old oil container and not deal with the old oil again.
                    Don't have to worry about transferring from oil pan to another container.

Comment

• goldnugget
                      • Jan 2011
                      • Qld

Looks like a good handy addition...but have the same concern as some others here regards to accidental knocking of the valve (even with a spring clip).
                      If there is one mod I would make (suggest) for the product maker is to have the ball turned either with an attached nut (using a spanner) or with a recess that will take a large flat head screwdriver. This would prevent accidental manipulation of the ball and subsequently loss of precious engine protection.
                      Its basicly similar design, though smaller, to the old ball valve fire fighting nozzle, the bonus being if the handle snapped for any reason you could unscrew what was left attached to the ball and still use a spanner to manipulate it (if for whatever reason you had to or for servicing). In doing that it could also reduce the size of the unit by several mm reducing its exposed profile.

Comment

• marquis
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Newcastle

Goldnugget the lever is fine.

I wouldn't bother with this device with the newer NS-on engines as the oil filter is on a angle which means you get oil all over the place anyway.
                        --
                        Marquis
                        SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• MarkMan
                          • May 2010
                          • Kallangur, QLD

Thought it was just me with the oil filter being the 1st time I had changed the oil myself on the Paj. Yeah would have thought that after all these years manufacturers would look at these types of things as part of the design process.
                          2010 Pajero NT Exceed 3.2TD,SmartBar,Traxide USI-160,2xOptima D27F,Basha Batt Tray,2" Lift Bilstein/HD Lovells,BushSkinz Underbody Protection,MM Towbar,Redarc Tow Pro,SPV EGR Mod,Oricom UHF380,ANU200,18" D697's,240w 20" Lightbar,Airtec Snorkel,Rhino Pioneer Platform.MDC Forward Fold Cruizer V5 Camper Trailer-Wish List-Runva 11XP Winch,3"Exhaust, Chip,BushSkinz Rear Bumper Protection & Side Steps,Joolca Hot Tap,more money, more time,and, and,

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Ever thought of using one with a drain plug in the bottom of the filter?

*** Pic ripped from Cullens filter specials in commercial advertisers secton ***
                            Attached Files
                            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• gjh1967
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2007
                              • Lake Macquarie

Fumoto oil vale fitted to my NP

Hi Everyone.

Fitted the Oil valve to My NP.

I didn't think it was a good idea to use the extension that is recommended (Or needed).

Cheers Glenn
                              Attached Files
                              2003 NP 3.2 DI-D LWB 5spd-DVD Entertainment unit-Narva 175 blue's-Side Steps-Uniden UHO15SX-Garmin GPS16 and Oziexplorer-ARB On Board air-Polyairs-Airtek Snorkel-Khumo KL78's-Headrest DVD players- Ironman Lift kit- 12000lb winch- Dual Batteries - Redarc isolator-Bushskinz intercooler guard.

Comment

• PradoEater
                                Valued Member
                                • Aug 2012
                                • Oatley

installed one few weeks ago the one with nipple, installed without the spacer you don't need that.
                                Bash plate covers it nicely and there still at least 1cm gap from the end of the nipple to the bash plate.

Also installed one to the van I must say I over filled by half a litre and boy it does come handy so easy to drain the oil.
                                I'd recommend it in combination with the above type filter.
                                NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
                                Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X