Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > GPS Tech / Navigation

GPS Tech / Navigation Discussion on GPS units. Maps and laptops

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Gen 3 tablet RAM mount - easy as!

This is a nice little RAM tablet holder I installed a couple weeks ago for my 8" samsung tab.
We wanted something simple, to withstand corrugations (so no suctions cups etc), to be convenient for both driver and passenger, still allow space for out phone holders, and preferable no drilling. Oh - and legal 🙂.
Turns out it was really easy!
With the screws already there, on the bottom of the central dash cover and the 45 degree RAM ball mount.
The toughest part was figuring out which screw to use because you need a longer screw once you fit the ball mount. Appropriate screws are pictured 🙂.
We are also considering to fortify it for extra rigidity with a metal bracket to bet held by both screws.

When I was doing some research trying to figure it out I couldn't find anyone who'd done that so thought it might be useful!

P.S. this has been tested to as many corrugations as we could find in Nillumbik 😂
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paj1.jpg (92.5 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg paj2.jpg (119.0 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg paj3.jpg (130.9 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg paj4.jpg (178.3 KB, 67 views)
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Gen 3 tablet RAM mount

Nice job. I have my tablet mount in the same place, not quite as flash as the RAM but mounting it there does make it very accessible. Good idea about the second screw, I might use that to stabilise my mount and tablet.
Thanks
Peter
Old 1 Week Ago
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Agreed, nice job. It consumes some real estate in front of the info panel and stereo.

I went a different route, a ram seat bolt mount pedestal and ram tite cradle mounted in portrait orientation. My stereo etc is relatively clear, but the passenger has to suffer some reduction in space.

Different folks, different strokes. I do like your idea though. A stiffening bracket will make a world of difference - well it does for a seat pedestal mount.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 1 Week Ago

In our case, the passenger (me mostly) wasn't too keen on the space restrictions

The stereo and info panel we don't use that much - we control the music mostly from our iPhones, so thought it's a good compromise.

I'm not a 100% happy with the holder itself I must say, plus I might consider using a shorter rigid arm (as opposed to the two-joint one now). We'll see how it goes - we are still quite a way away from long expeditions, unfortunately