Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Default NT front hood seal

G'day fellow lockdowners,

I recently removed my bonnet protector to perform a cutback and polish on my Paj. I also removed the rubber seal that seats together with the bonnet protector. It was fitted really poorly by the dealer from delivery. I remember watching a couple of the dealer mechanics battling with it. I thought to myself what the hell is the problem as I had fitted them myself to previous vehicles. When I later removed the bonnet protector for cleaning I understood what the issue is! Well that seal is now pretty much buggered and won't attach to the lugs as the holes in the rubber are worn. Any tips on replacements other then the obvious OEM which I guess will be highly overpriced. I only spotted on on Amazon for $47, but won't get it till June.
Thanks in advance,

Matt
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Genuine part number is 5902A017 and available on Partsouq.com and Amayama.com but are relatively expensive.

Cheapest would be off a wrecker or perhaps try Clarke Rubber or similar if they have rubber with similar profile.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit

Last edited by aussieintas; 1 Week Ago at 05:08 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

You're a legend mate, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieintas View Post
Genuine part number is 5902A017 and available on Partsouq.com and Amayama.com but are relatively expensive.

Cheapest would be off a wrecker or perhaps try Clarck Rubber or similar if they have rubber with similar profile.