• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cruisn06
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2011
    • Perth WA

Wheel spacer update:

22000kms through the worst roads in africa. including rally racing, and also smashing ruts and whoop at 100kmh fully loaded. the wagon has taken the beating and the wheel spacers have not given me a single issue.

weight 3.1T loaded.
    Sitting in the DRC (congo) wheel spacers are safe. otherwise I wouldn't risk my girls life for a photos.
    want more proof I will update in another 20000kms if needed

07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... Parked in Armenia for the moment

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/

Comment

• Miner
      • Apr 2019
      • Abu Dhabi

Proper Zulu... love it. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• cruisn06
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2011
        • Perth WA

Originally posted by Miner View Post
        Proper Zulu... love it. [emoji41]

But im actually Canadian LOL
        07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... Parked in Armenia for the moment

Comment

• toasta
          • Oct 2014
          • Northern Beaches, Sydney

Originally posted by cruisn06 View Post
          Wheel spacer update:

22000kms through the worst roads in africa. including rally racing, and also smashing ruts and whoop at 100kmh fully loaded. the wagon has taken the beating and the wheel spacers have not given me a single issue.

weight 3.1T loaded.
          Sitting in the DRC (congo) wheel spacers are safe. otherwise I wouldn't risk my girls life for a photos.
          want more proof I will update in another 20000kms if needed
          First person with first hand experience to comment - if this forum limited people with experience to answering and commenting it'd be about 10% of the size...

Comment

• Having Fun
            • Jun 2015
            • Adelaide

Regardless of whether insurance will, or won't payout if you prang an illegally modified car, if the prang is in Aust & someone gets hurt in the prang (even if it's you), the boys & girls in blue will get involved.

The people at major crash are very good at what they do. If they come up with technical info that supports a theory that your illegal mod/s contributed in anyway towards the crash, life won't be much fun for a while.

Comment

• cruisn06
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2011
              • Perth WA

Originally posted by Having Fun View Post
              Regardless of whether insurance will, or won't payout if you prang an illegally modified car, if the prang is in Aust & someone gets hurt in the prang (even if it's you), the boys & girls in blue will get involved.

The people at major crash are very good at what they do. If they come up with technical info that supports a theory that your illegal mod/s contributed in anyway towards the crash, life won't be much fun for a while.
              That is exactly what we have been stating, so just do it and have fun.

Comment

• redbruce
                Administrator
                • Sep 2019
                • Melbourne

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                No. This is just one of many internet myths that refuse to die.

Legally, the insurance company needs to prove that the defect was a significant contributor to the cause of the claim. This goes to one of the fundamental principles of contract law, not just insurance law.

This doesn't mean they won't try.

This doesn't mean they won't get away with it.

This doesn't mean they're right.

If you're gonna play the game, you've gotta know the rules.

I agree. Dumb idea, end of story.

(And yes, I know that Porsche fit them in the factory. An accountant's solution to an engineering problem.)
                Actually un roadworthy is sufficient grounds to deny a claim.

I know its another internet article but has been confirmed by family member in industry and happens on regular basis.
                PCOV Member 1954
                MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer, ARB Smartbar. Stockman Extreme pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

• nj swb
                  Resident
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by redbruce View Post
                  Actually un roadworthy is sufficient grounds to deny a claim.

I know its another internet article but has been confirmed by family member in industry and happens on regular basis.
                  The article is wrong. I have no doubt it happens on a regular basis, as some insurance companies will try anything to deny a claim. It doesn't mean they are acting legally.

It goes to contract law, and legal reasons for voiding a contract.
                  NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Miner
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Abu Dhabi

I’m going to get 30mm H&R ones... pick them up next week. Probably the same issues here as you get must places but every other off-roader or lifted/modified 4x4 here has them. The H&R ones look much better than the AOR ones. Trust the Dutch over the yanks when it comes to engineering.

Comment

• Miner
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Abu Dhabi

Looks the bollocks with the spacers.... drives fine, feels better for the extra track actually. Time will tell...

Comment

• calcod03
                        • May 2023
                        • Caringbah

Originally posted by damienpajero View Post
                        its cost me a washer bottle so thanks
                        i know this was many years ago but any chance you remember where you got those fender flares from?

Comment

• redbruce
                          Administrator
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Melbourne

Originally posted by nj swb View Post

The article is wrong. I have no doubt it happens on a regular basis, as some insurance companies will try anything to deny a claim. It doesn't mean they are acting legally.
                          https://financialrights.org.au/factsheet/car-insurance-claim-refused/#:~:text=Examples%20of%20when%20a%20claim,The%20ca r%20was%20unroadworthy.
                          PCOV Member 1954
                          MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer, ARB Smartbar. Stockman Extreme pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

• cruisn06
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2011
                            • Perth WA

Still partially covered, maybe not if you cause the crash, but everything else seems covered. And since they dont cover mechanical and wear and tear realistically you would be fine.

Examples:
                            • The tyres on your car are unroadworthy. Another car runs into your parked car. The insurer cannot use the unroadworthy car exclusion to avoid paying because the car tyres made no difference to how the accident happened, or how much damage it caused.
                            • Your car has been modified and you have not told the insurer. The car was burnt out in a bushfire. The insurer cannot refuse the whole claim because the car had been modified. The insurer has to pay the claim, but they may not pay to replace modified parts if they cost more than the standard parts (because you didn’t tell the insurer about the modifications before the policy was taken out or renewed).

Comment

• redbruce
                              Administrator
                              • Sep 2019
                              • Melbourne

Originally posted by cruisn06 View Post

Still partially covered, maybe not if you cause the crash, but everything else seems covered. And since they dont cover mechanical and wear and tear realistically you would be fine.

Examples:
                              • The tyres on your car are unroadworthy. Another car runs into your parked car. The insurer cannot use the unroadworthy car exclusion to avoid paying because the car tyres made no difference to how the accident happened, or how much damage it caused.
                              • Your car has been modified and you have not told the insurer. The car was burnt out in a bushfire. The insurer cannot refuse the whole claim because the car had been modified. The insurer has to pay the claim, but they may not pay to replace modified parts if they cost more than the standard parts (because you didn’t tell the insurer about the modifications before the policy was taken out or renewed).
                              If its a condition of the policy (like specifically states policy is void if vehicle is not in roadworthy condition at time of incident, as AAMI, RACV and Suncorp policies do) and you dont meet it Insurance can legally exercise their right and deny claim. Straight from a mate who is a lawyer specializing in insurance (on both sides of the fence).
                              PCOV Member 1954

Comment

• nj swb
                                Resident
                                • Jun 2007
                                • Adelaide

Originally posted by redbruce View Post

If its a condition of the policy (like specifically states policy is void if vehicle is not in roadworthy condition at time of incident, as AAMI, RACV and Suncorp policies do) and you dont meet it Insurance can legally exercise their right and deny claim. Straight from a mate who is a lawyer specializing in insurance (on both sides of the fence).
                                They can try it - that doesn't mean they're right. From your own link:

If your claim has been refused because of a condition or exclusion, you might be able to argue:
                                • the condition or exclusion did not cause the loss (or only part of it) or the insurer wasn’t disadvantaged by it (s54 of the Insurance Contracts Act).
                                Insurance companies, and their lawyers, might try it. It doesn't mean they're right.
                                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X