• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peterng
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2013
    • Northern Rivers NSW

Drifta Roof Rack Bag

I have bought a Drifta Roof Top Bag as I am in the market for a Roof Top Bag to protect some of my camping gear from the weather.
    I wanted a bag, for when I am finished with it I can pack it away, plus it does not add much weight to the roof rack and it can be flexible with load it can take.
    In East Arnhemland...well, that can be from monsoon rain conditions and the fine bull dust that seems to get into every nook and cranny.
    On impressions, the quality is A1...very good stitching, very durable straps stitched to the underside of the bag, quality zips, tie down points and tuff PVC, with a quality inside lining of outdoor carpet.
    I had ordered the Standard size and when I first unfurled it from its packaging, the bag looked to me a bit small.
    I was wrong.
    This bag can take a decent load even in standard size, the sides of the bag can expand to 300mm high as the photos testify, two decent sized suitcases and there is still heaps of room left over for more camping gear.
    The standard roof top bag costs $289.00 plus postage.
    Not a bad piece of kit..
    Attached Files
  • whynot
    • Jan 2013
    • Brisbane

Drifta make some good gear and for those in Brisbane they are about to open a store in Brendale 😉
    Prado 150 petrol.
    Now gone but still have great memories of adventures - 2010 PB auto Challenger, Factory tow bar, King springs, Oztec shocks, Firestone airbags, TJM steel bar, snorkel, bash plates. Redarc brake controller, custon draws, second batery in back. Anderson plug, redarc isolator, manual circuit breaker. Towing jayco eagle outback 2005.
    Turbo replaced under warranty at 159200 klm. Engine dead at 190000 klm.

Comment

• Peterng
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2013
      • Northern Rivers NSW

An update on the Drifta Rooftop Bag.
      This is trip, the Pajero with the Drifta Rooftop bag had completed.
      Frome Gove to Mataranka...750km over a dusty NT track, that tries to pass itself off as a road..then sealed from Mataranka to Alice Springs.
      The Rooftop bag was loaded with the following.
      2 Bunker Beds, 3 backpacks, medium tool box,1 large suitcase, 1 table, 1 portable kitchen, 4 rubber mats and 1 medium CG net.
      These all fitted with no problems and zipped up well with no problems.
      Opened the bag in Mataranka after the dusty trip from Gove...no dust in the bag what so ever...the rear 200mm of the bag had a thick covering of NT dust.
      So in whilst I was in Katherine, I pressure washed the bag at the local wash place...opened the bag..not a drop of water in the bag.
      The special zipper seal that comes with the bag seems to be working fine.
      The bag is easy to locate on the roof rack and the D rings are easily zip tied down and the bag has not moved at all..
      So far 2500kms over dusty and sealed roads and not a problem what so ever.
      A very good product...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X