• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wazza999
    • Jun 2018
    • Canberra

Canberra 4WD club members?

Went to the Queanbeyan 4WD Show on the weekend. It's always a great event with lots of exhibitors and well run. Fortunately the smoke haze stayed away. Anyway I took the opportunity to have a chat to a couple of the 4WD clubs (who incidentally organise the event). I specifically asked the question about Gen 4 Pajeros and factory tow points. Answers were equivocal as I probably wasn't talking to the right people. So do any forum members with Gen 4 vehicles belong to any of the Canberra clubs and what has been your experience wrt the 'rated' recovery point requirements? The topic has been done to death here, all I'm asking is for member's local experience which is why I didn't specifically put it in the title.

MY11 NT Pajero RX 3.2 DiD, OME 2'' lift, Boo' s bash plates (3mm), BFG KO2s (18''), ECB bar
  • NFT5
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Canberra

I've been a member of both the Land Rover club and ACT4WD.

I was able to convince the LR club that the tow points on a Discovery bullbar were more than adequate and I had both Pajeros and Tritons in the ACT4WD club where the factory points were also deemed to be suitable. In both cases use of a bridle was the recommended procedure.

A lot depends on who the Training and Safety Officers are, but usually they will see reason if properly explained. The video of the Gen3 recovery in sand, by MMA, was instrumental in the cases of my Mitsubishis.
    Chris

Comment

• Wazza999
      • Jun 2018
      • Canberra

Thx NFT5. I got the impression that the ACT 4WD club would be more flexible. I will give them a try, I wasn't sure if the MMA gen 3 video would just be dismissed as it wasn't like a legal document. Canberra is a great place but sometimes there are too many anal public service types in clubs and associations.

MY11 NT Pajero RX 3.2 DiD, OME 2'' lift, Boo' s bash plates (3mm), BFG KO2s (18''), ECB bar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X