• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bambam351
    • Mar 2013
    • albany,wa

Methanol/Water injection on DiD's

Hey peoples, anyone out there used Water/Methanol injection on a diesel?
    I have had my NP DiD Auto for about 12 months now and love it - best rig I have ever owned. Like everyone else a little more grunt for towing would not go astray!!!! Yes, easy to do with a $3K outlay on a quality chip and exhaust but I am not sure I want to spend that sort of coin on a 10 year old vehilce. So I have been researching every performance/economy contraption known to man with the belief that 99.9% are probably bogus garbage.
    Meth/Water injection seems to tick all the boxes, can be done for about 5-600 bucks, improve performance without loss of economy and with REDUCED EGT's..... check out http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/
    Be great to hear from anyone that has done it on a 4M41.......
    Cheers Andrew
  • Bushboy
    • Dec 2011
    • Broken Hill, Australia

Bump & Manifold clean?

Would this also help clean oiled up inlet manifolds ??

Comment

• bambam351
      • Mar 2013
      • albany,wa

Absolutely, it is like steam cleaning the entire engine from the inside.
      I thought that a few Paj owners may have been onto this as the Pootrol TD42 and ZD30 boys have been dabling with it with glowing reports.
      Anyone???

Comment

• Goodsy
        Who ya gunna call....
        • Dec 2010
        • Hervey Bay

Any links to systems running on ZD30's??
        .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• littleriver
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2013
          • Queensland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_injection_(engines)

good reading
          2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Bogger
            Unregistered as asked
            • May 2011

It won't do much on it's own ? It's usually used so boost levels can be upped a bit without fear of pre ignition melting down pistons .......basically a poor mans intercooler.
            Not sure on diesel but on the bikes / petrol can get about an extra 2 to 4 lb boost with safety. Can also play havoc with o2 sensors as it gives them a thermal shock when spray cuts in. Some kits way over quote the cc to be sprayed and is important to do a flow check to determine flow rate. Also because your burning water the oxygen content as in the H2o can also effect mixture pushing it to the lean side.
            Aquamist put out some great standalone kits that can activate at preset boost level and or rpm but if you weren't going to up boost level I wouldn't bother.

Comment

• dolphin
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2008

Methanol costs around $2 per litre.
              NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• Goodsy
                Who ya gunna call....
                • Dec 2010
                • Hervey Bay

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
                About the same as diesel then.
                .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• bambam351
                  • Mar 2013
                  • albany,wa

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                  Any links to systems running on ZD30's??
                  Try this

Comment

• bambam351
                    • Mar 2013
                    • albany,wa

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
                    Yeh, not much dearer than Diesel but good results can be had from straight (de-ionised or good rain water) or 10-20% meth mixes..........

Comment

• bambam351
                      • Mar 2013
                      • albany,wa

Originally posted by Bogger View Post
                      It won't do much on it's own ? It's usually used so boost levels can be upped a bit without fear of pre ignition melting down pistons .......basically a poor mans intercooler.
                      Not sure on diesel but on the bikes / petrol can get about an extra 2 to 4 lb boost with safety. Can also play havoc with o2 sensors as it gives them a thermal shock when spray cuts in. Some kits way over quote the cc to be sprayed and is important to do a flow check to determine flow rate. Also because your burning water the oxygen content as in the H2o can also effect mixture pushing it to the lean side.
                      Aquamist put out some great standalone kits that can activate at preset boost level and or rpm but if you weren't going to up boost level I wouldn't bother.
                      Mmmm, there is no air to air intercooler that can drop IAT below ambient but a well setup meth/water kit can do just that........at a fraction of the price of a new bigger badder intercooler.
                      Yes system settings are crucial on a diesel but careful research and starting out conservative and sneaking up the tune will keep things safe as long as you don't get gready.
                      As for burning water - the water content of the water/meth mix will absorb a huge amount of energy(heat) from the intake air and combustion process to create nothing more than stream reducing EGT's / increasing efficiency.
                      The meth 'burns' acting as a catalyst to improve the diesel combustion process where a current tech diesel may only 'burn' 70-80% of diesel injected.
                      Plenty of for and against arguments out there just like everything else on the net

Comment

• Bogger
                        Unregistered as asked
                        • May 2011

No argument here Sir for as typed in post quote "Not sure on diesel but on the bikes / petrol"
                        Also was not aware we were only talking air to air applications ? The oxygen content of water you may find also is what aids in burning what you have presently listed as unburnt fuel = more power as without it nothing burns so in effect you are increasing the volumetric efficiency of the motor at the same time.
                        Thats the problem with the net I guess as all and anything typed can be taken out of context. Mmmmmmmmmmm
                        Last edited by Bogger; 06-10-13, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• bambam351
                          • Mar 2013
                          • albany,wa

Bogger, didn't mean to cheese you off but after reading my post I can see why you might have!!!
                          New to the whole forum thing so I might start reading things properly and not post anything after having a few cans
                          No hard feelings here.....

Comment

• Bogger
                            Unregistered as asked
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by bambam351 View Post
                            Bogger, didn't mean to cheese you off but after reading my post I can see why you might have!!!
                            New to the whole forum thing so I might start reading things properly and not post anything after having a few cans
                            No hard feelings here.....
                            Bambam ..............no problems at all and two heads are always better than one. The consideration is both appreciated and respected.

Comment

• bambam351
                              • Mar 2013
                              • albany,wa

Well looks like I am on my own on this one - probably going to do it in the next few months so will let you know the results - good, bad or otherwise!!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X