• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peejay68au
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • nsw

Has my luck changed?

Tuesday I get an email saying I won a Kingston 32GB Data Traveller Locker+ for taking part in a survey, then wednesday I scored an LG hdd/dvd burner pvr that someone dumped it the bin at Aldi. It had been in the rain but had the remote and instruction manual. Took it home thinking I would at least get some screws and what not out of it, but had a play around with it and got it working. Sprayed buggery out of it with lanotec and hit it with the hair dryer to dry it out. Had to put the hd in the freezer to get it working again but it's working like a beauty now.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

Henry David Thoreau

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • rebelone607
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Urunga NSW

Originally posted by peejay68au View Post
    Tuesday I get an email saying I won a Kingston 32GB Data Traveller Locker+ for taking part in a survey, then wednesday I scored an LG hdd/dvd burner pvr that someone dumped it the bin at Aldi. It had been in the rain but had the remote and instruction manual. Took it home thinking I would at least get some screws and what not out of it, but had a play around with it and got it working. Sprayed buggery out of it with lanotec and hit it with the hair dryer to dry it out. Had to put the hd in the freezer to get it working again but it's working like a beauty now.
    HA ha ha ha thaught I was the best scavenger around.
    Merv
    Merv. 2011 Dmax LSU auto Auto. Canopy and tow pack, Al. bull bar and winch, cargo drawers, dual battery, canopy racks with support bars, tub liner, in dash nav system, t.p.m.s. Tough dog 45mm lift and upgrade, uhf, Long Ranger fuel tank, MAL Powerchip
    Other toys:19' Jayco Starcraft o/b caravan, 4.75 mtr Quintrex Bay Hunter boat. 3.7 mtr tinny

I plan on living forever - so far so good

Comment

• peejay68au
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • nsw

I normally don't get anything good in scavenge mode, but seem to got a little lucky with this one. DVD part doesn't work but the rest of it is fine. If they just tinkered a little they would have got a bit more life out of it.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• rebelone607
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2009
        • Urunga NSW

I normally don't get anything good in scavenge mode, but seem to got a little lucky with this one. DVD part doesn't work but the rest of it is fine. If they just tinkered a little they would have got a bit more life out of it.
        OK i'm reclaiming the crown
        Merv. 2011 Dmax LSU auto Auto. Canopy and tow pack, Al. bull bar and winch, cargo drawers, dual battery, canopy racks with support bars, tub liner, in dash nav system, t.p.m.s. Tough dog 45mm lift and upgrade, uhf, Long Ranger fuel tank, MAL Powerchip
        Other toys:19' Jayco Starcraft o/b caravan, 4.75 mtr Quintrex Bay Hunter boat. 3.7 mtr tinny

Comment

• peejay68au
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • nsw

I don't think I pose a threat to any crown, unless it's hording shit I don't need.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• rebelone607
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2009
            • Urunga NSW

I don't think I pose a threat to any crown, unless it's hording shit I don't need.

Trade you one pile of your shit for two piles of mine
            Merv

Comment

• Uncle Fester
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2007
              • Boambee East NSW

Originally posted by rebelone607 View Post

Trade you one pile of your shit for two piles of mine
              Merv
              Call by my place Merv and take him 3 piles of my shit if you can.
              NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Peakhurst, Sydney

My garage has 'black-hole' status;

Stuff has been known to disappear into it, & never to be seen again (at least when it's really needed!), which is why I'm holding a virtual 'garage sale' in the new year!
                My goal is to park the Shorty inside, but I can't even fit my mountain-bike in there at the moment!

Cheers
                Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
                "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• peejay68au
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • nsw

Rebel and Fester you can keep your shit all to yourselves, I wouldn't dare seperate you from it. We've got stuff we've been moving from house to house for more than 13 years that belongs in the tip.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• NJ94
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2009
                    • Melbourne East

Never, ever throw anything away.
                    "We have two lives, and the second begins when we realise we have only one." Confucius (551-479 B.C.)

MN Triton GLX Plus, dual batteries, ARB winchbar, Airtec snorkel and 3T towbar. Love it!!

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2009
                      • Peakhurst, Sydney

Agree, within reason!

Originally posted by NJ94 View Post
                      It has to be either usable, repairable, recyclable or playable!
                      Throw it out & sure enough, you'll need it the next week!

Unfortunately, that conflicted with my ex-wife's neatness policies, despite her asking me to fix things regularly.

Cheers
                      Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
                      "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• rebelone607
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2009
                        • Urunga NSW

Originally posted by NJ94 View Post
                        Yes I know as Steve - Ray will attest to. I had an Enerpac / Applied Power vehicle mounted air compessor that used to be on on one of my rescue trucks. Sat around the shed for years, offered it to Sharkaver several months ago but apparently he did not want it so ended up chucking it to the dump a few months ago and yes you guessed it along comes Steve asking if I still had it - bugger.
                        Merv

Comment

• Uncle Fester
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2007
                          • Boambee East NSW

Well at least you fixed your main problem.

Originally posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
                          Unfortunately, that conflicted with my Ex-wifes neatness policiesCheers
                          NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X