• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimiw
    • Jan 2017
    • Brisbane

CarPlay Headunit in Challenger PB

Hi,

has anyone installed or had installed a CarPlay compatible head unit in their PB? I want to keep the fuel readout etc and I was talking to a guy a while ago and he said there is a conversion mounting and wiring kit so you can swap the top part into the bottom and a CarPlay unit in the top part?

Thanks in advance!
    2012 PB challenger 4WD, pretty much stock, Munji EGR electronic block, Rhino Rack SX roof platform system, Rhino Rack 2.5m X 2.5m awning.
  • jimiw
    • Jan 2017
    • Brisbane

and how would you integrate the inbuilt bluetooth

I have found some conversion kits online but has anyone had any particular experience with one and a headunit?
    2012 PB challenger 4WD, pretty much stock, Munji EGR electronic block, Rhino Rack SX roof platform system, Rhino Rack 2.5m X 2.5m awning.

Comment

• PT75
      • Sep 2017
      • SE Suburbs, Melbourne

Originally posted by jimiw View Post
      Hi,

has anyone installed or had installed a CarPlay compatible head unit in their PB? I want to keep the fuel readout etc and I was talking to a guy a while ago and he said there is a conversion mounting and wiring kit so you can swap the top part into the bottom and a CarPlay unit in the top part?

Thanks in advance!
      Afew years ago, for my mn triton, I was able to source a trip metre, brackets, and the plastic surround from the stereo and trip metre from a late 2014 early 2015 mn triton. They changed the position of the stereo and trip metre. Same for the chally. If you can source that plastic surround and brackets then you should be able to do what you want

Comment

• pb4x2
        • May 2015
        • Deception Bay Qld 4508

PB Challenger head unit.

Hi, I fitted a Sony head unit to both my PB Challenger and MN Triton a couple of years ago and have just sent you a private message along with my mobile number if you would like to ask any questions.
        2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• geoffe
          • Feb 2013
          • Ferny Hills

Check out "Service my Ride" on YouTube. He has done this on a Triton.

Comment

• jacksa
            • Aug 2014
            • Adelaide

I have put a Sony AX3000 unit in my PB with a DigOptions fascia kit, opting to delete the fuel readout screen as my Ultra Gauge can do the fuel economy readouts if I desire (and I wasn't able to source a later model fascia/screen at the time).

I believe the kit for relocating the screen is manufactured by Aerpro, part number FP8013CR which was about $60 when I was considering it.

To the question regarding factory bluetooth, factory bluetooth isn't required since using Carplay or bluetooth on the new head unit.
            Factory steering wheel buttons can be retained using the Remote In plug on the back of the head unit. Super simple to do, a you need is a 3.5mm headphone jack and some cable spliced into the two steering wheel control wires in the factory loom, and the Sony unit can detect the differing resistance between each button.
            (Can confirm the steering wheel phone control buttons work with this method as well as stereo buttons, having installed the same headunit on my brother's Triton with factory bluetooth)
            Last edited by jacksa; 31-05-20, 03:02 PM. Reason: Missed detail
            2010 PB Challenger LS Auto - Mitsubishi alloy front bar, Bridgestone Dueler D697s, Pedders lift with rear airbags, EGR resistor mod, Steinbauer performance module, Provent 200 catch can, UltraGuage, 7" LED spotties, Apple CarPlay, Oricom UHF.
            Previously 2002 Pajero Exceed V6 3.5L Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X