• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psproule
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Googong, NSW

285 Falken Wildpeak's on an NX?

So thanks in part to the remap, and in part to how much fun it now is to surprise all sorts of things at the lights,... the NX needs some new boots. Rather sooner than anticipated. Have been running D697's in LT on the factory 18" rims. Noisy as can be in the end but otherwise ok. Previously ran BFG's on the older NP but was never impressed with how they went off in the wet when older.

I keep hearing all sorts of good reports on the Falken Wildpeak AT3W's and thought we would try a set. There are only two sizes in 60 series 18", those being either 265 in passenger construction or 285 in light truck. I would prefer to go the LT. Question is has anyone else run a 285 on an NX with a 2" lift and if so does it rub anywhere? Understand that the rolling diameter will be 2% greater, and that a 285 will just fit on the rim.

Yes, I could source a set of 17's....

Cheers - Pat
    2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
    2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Falken Spec Sheet indicates minimum rim width is 8" for 285/60R18, factory alloys are 18 x 7.5.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• psproule
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Googong, NSW

Yeah, but in the next column over on the spec sheet shows a range of 7" to 9" rim width. 8 is the ideal / suggested width, not the minimum.

Pat
      2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
      2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi Pat,

Are we looking at the same data?

The WILDPEAK AT3W is engineered for adventure, any time and in any weather. The tyre combines aggressive off-road ability and rugged terrain driving without compromise on the pavement. An optimised tread design combined with a silica tread compound enables the tyre to excel in three areas: wear, winter, and wet performance. The tyre is packed with technology, from Falken’s patented 3D Canyon Sipes to an all-new proprietary lower sidewall. Full-depth sipes and grooves maintain consistent performance and appearance throughout the life of the tyre.

18 331048 285 60 LT285/60R18 118S WILDPEAK A/T AT3W 118/115S 8.5 8.0 - 10.0 240 290 14.0 292 799 65 370 413 2421

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Garygls
          • Jun 2007
          • Rockhampton

Originally posted by psproule View Post
          So thanks in part to the remap, and in part to how much fun it now is to surprise all sorts of things at the lights,... the NX needs some new boots. Rather sooner than anticipated. Have been running D697's in LT on the factory 18" rims. Noisy as can be in the end but otherwise ok. Previously ran BFG's on the older NP but was never impressed with how they went off in the wet when older.

I keep hearing all sorts of good reports on the Falken Wildpeak AT3W's and thought we would try a set. There are only two sizes in 60 series 18", those being either 265 in passenger construction or 285 in light truck. I would prefer to go the LT. Question is has anyone else run a 285 on an NX with a 2" lift and if so does it rub anywhere? Understand that the rolling diameter will be 2% greater, and that a 285 will just fit on the rim.

Yes, I could source a set of 17's....

Cheers - Pat
          Hey Pat I have the wildpeak AT3 LT only in 265/75/16 , they are very quiet on road, great dirt roads with no chipping, I’ve done some Rocky national parks with washouts and water crossing without any issues. I will be staying with the Wildpeaks especially for the road top quiet, I was just searching the forum for the rims and offset for the 285/75/16 setup
          Cheers Gary
          Dual Battery
          80Ltr Waeco
          91Ltr Longrange Tank
          3" Lovells/Bilstein
          3” Exhaust
          Winch
          NP 05 DID

Comment

• Grizli
            • Jun 2019
            • sunbury

did you do the 285s because i am looking at exactly the same situation. but i will be installing Bilstiens with bags soon

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X