Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Time to lift Pajero Sport? (the forum, not the car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ron.dunn
    • Jul 2019
    • Central Victoria

Time to lift Pajero Sport? (the forum, not the car)

Given that the Pajero Sport is the only model that isn't living in the past, isn't it time to elevate its position in the forum list?

The Challenger hasn't been made for many years, the Pajero is in runout, so let's not bury the future of the line so deep in the forum stack.
    Pajero Sport GLS
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

This forum has been running for over 12 years on this software, and longer in previous guises.

You've been here less than a week, and you're complaining about how its organised?

This is a forum hosted by the Pajero 4wd Club of Victoria, and there are many more Pajeros on Australian roads than Pajero Sports. When that situation changes, perhaps the club will consider "lifting" the Pajero Sport forum.

Edit: I went and looked at the "viewing" numbers on the forum's home page. At that time, we had 67 viewers in the combined Challenger / Pajero Sport sub-forum, 112 viewing the Gen 2 forum, 141 viewing the Gen 3 forum, and almost 200 listed across the four Gen 4 forums. Given that level of relative interest, I think the Pajero Sport forum is in an appropriate place.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• ron.dunn
      • Jul 2019
      • Central Victoria

Perhaps the relatively low number of views reflects how hard it is to find?
      Pajero Sport GLS

Comment

• craka
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2009
        • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by ron.dunn View Post
        You've got to be kidding, right?
        NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

Or perhaps it reflects the relatively low numbers of owners.

If you're really that desperate to feel special, I recommend you try Facebook - there are lots of special people on Facebook.
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

I,ll take a stab and say that you have just read..... "How to Make Friends and Influence People" and you thought you,d put it to the test...
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• craka
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
              I,ll take a stab and say that you have just read..... "How to Make Friends and Influence People" and you thought you,d put it to the test...

Nice call.
              NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• aussieintas
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2013
                • Sorell, Tasmania

I find the Pajero Sport position within the forum quite easy to find personslly. Clicking on the sub section of Challenger/Pajero Sport then having to click on the Pajero Sport sub sub section is pretty easy in my opinion. Or if I find that a bit too difficult and don't want to develope RSI I can look at the New Posts section on the main page which shows me new posts and what section they are in.

2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• aussieintas
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • Sorell, Tasmania

Sorry to rant but I've just re-read your posts............"How hard it is to find"?

Really..........are you for real!!

This forum is provided to anyone who wants to gain access to valuable information or share said information for the benefit of others. Tnis is provided freely, at no charge and on the good will of all concerned who contribute in their own time for the good of other Pajero, Challenger, Sport, Asx, Triton, Outlander or Eclipse owners. And further for any other models, makes or info that people feel would be of benefit.

The moderators running this forum and people supplying this information do this out of the goodness of their hearts and you come on here for less than a week and have the balls to have a go at this forum because you own a Pajero Sport and its not top of the list.

Dare I ask a question.....yes the Pajero is old now and been round vor a bit and possibly living in the past compared to the Sport..........but provide me with figures on how many Pajeros have been sold since 1982 in Australia when it was first released here compared to the Pajero Sport.

Because of this vast expanse of vehicles still on the road ranging some 37 years there are many people who require information, assistance and guidance with their problems, concerns and queries.

Really pull your head in bud.

Rant over
                  Last edited by aussieintas; 07-07-19, 08:19 AM. Reason: Correction
                  2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                  88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                  92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                  92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                  99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                  95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                  08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2016
                    • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post

Because of this vast expanse of vehicles still on the road ranging some 27 years there are many people who require information, assistance and guidance with their problems, concerns and queries.

Think you calculator is faulty mate.

Comment

• Pickle
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2007
                      • All over Oz

Come on guys, the question was asked in Forum feedback and I thought it might be valid, might not have come out the way he wanted but it's worth looking in too.
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Dicko1
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                        Come on guys, the question was asked in Forum feedback and I thought it might be valid, might not have come out the way he wanted but it's worth looking in to.

Not according to the members who have replied....
                        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• old Jack
                          Regular
                          • Jun 2011
                          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                          Come on guys, the question was asked in Forum feedback and I thought it might be valid, might not have come out the way he wanted but it's worth looking in to.
                          I am with Pickle on this one, sure the question could have been phrased better but maybe there is merit in the idea.

The NX is the last of the Gen 4 Pajero's that we know of, but many are hoping for a NY or NZ, however what we hope for and what we get are often 2 completely different things. If the forum is to continue to flourish then it needs to embrace new members and new ideas.

The forum is kindly provided by the Pajero Club of Victoria, and run by volunteers and it is only as good as those who volunteer and those that contribute. I am sure if Ron wanted to join the club he would be welcomed with open arms, after all he does drive a Mitsubishi 4wd, so why should the forum be any different? All he really did was make a suggestion to improve the visibility of the Pajero Sport sub forum.

Change is inevitable, and if we do not change then we get left behind in the modern world. Remember when the sky was going to fall in because the Pajero no longer had a full chassis, and all real 4wds had to have a chassis. I wonder how many Gen 1 and Gen 2 owners mourned the loss of a full chassis. The Gen 3 was launched and then the Gen 4 Pajero, great mid sized 4wds that were civilised to drive around the city but could eat up country miles for hours on end and could still go off the bitumen as a recreational medium duty 4wd. So successful has this genre of vehicle been, that Toyota copied it with the Prado! The Challenger has been know as the Pajero Sport in overseas markets for 10+ years and in some markerts were the Pajero is known as the Montero and the Pajero Sport is know as the Montero Sport. They are just different names for different markets.

The arguement that the Pajero Sport is based on the Challenger so it should share a forum location is floored, as the Challenger is based on the Triton, so should both the Challenger and Pajero Sport be in a Triton sub forum?

The Triton has its own forum listing with very few threads and posts.
                          The Challenger forum can hold its own in regards to the number of threads, posts and active members.
                          If it is not too difficult why not have a dedicated forum listing for the Pajero Sport, let's give these owners a chance and see what they contribute. Who knows we might learn something or maybe even end up owning a Pajer Sport one day!

OJ.
                          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• nj swb
                            Resident
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Adelaide

OK, so I'm an old-fashioned, conservative Luddite.

What drives the bulk of the traffic on this forum? I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I suspect it's Pajero - most people coming to this forum are looking for information about the Pajero, and the information available on this forum is overwhelmingly dominated by Pajero. So why would we have anything other than Pajero on the top of the list?

Where should new models go? Top of the list, or bottom?

When a new model is introduced, it has very few owners, attracts very little traffic, so there is some logic in adding it to the end of the list. Why displace all the existing forums that contain so much information and generate the bulk of the traffic, just so we can have something new and shiny on the top of the list? The vast majority of our members don't buy new cars, so new models initially have very little interest to the forum membership, so why should they automatically take pride of place on top of the list? Do we really want to tell our existing membership that they are somehow less important every time a shiny new model is released?

Yes, Pajero Sport may be shiny and new, and filled to overflowing with the latest bling. But from an engineering perspective, it's traditional parts bin development - a wagon body on the Triton chassis, with Gen 2 Pajero rear suspension.

If we want to re-arrange the order of forums, I suggest we look at traffic first - where is the most interest, and where is the most information?

If we're going to prioritise "new" and/or sales volumes, "Other Makes" should be first, followed by Triton.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• old Jack
                              Regular
                              • Jun 2011
                              • Adelaide, South Australia.

I am not suggesting a wholesale change and lose the chronological order and history of the existing listing, but if it is possible to create a separate listing outside the Challenger forum, it maybe easier for people to find the Pajero Sport forum.

OJ.
                              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X