Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

NS-NT "Hot Fix Released" (Please Keep us informed of your fix too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

NS-NT "Hot Fix Released" (Please Keep us informed of your fix too)

G'day all we received the "Hot Fix" for the NS-NT rust this morning:

NS Hotline Fix # NS42-004

NT Hotline Fix #NT42-001

*Note: The Hotline Fix has copyright so the document will not be posted on the forum.. Please contact your dealer with the Hot Fix # & go from there.

Dave & I again ask that you keep to fact not speculation on your progress with your vehicle.

Please continue to post the Details of "your vehicle only" as asked in the thread "
    NS-NT Rust... "Information Required" HERE

Gus & Dave
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Posts moved from: NS-NT Rust... "Information Required"

1 Day Ago
    tim51

NS-NT "Hot Fix Released"
    Picked up my three quotes today and dropped them off at the MM Service Dept. As mentioned earlier they vary considerably.

The cheap temporary 6 month fix, where they just prep/treat the rust and paint is $652.

The other two quotes, where the doors are replaced come in at $2892 and $2974, with the last including repairing the rust under the rear door seal $125.

What worries me is, will the new doors have the same problem? Or will we get the new NW doors, that they claim have been modified. I would imagine that MM Japan ,would have quite a few spare NS/NT doors lying around, that are of the same construction, as our old rusty doors.

The Service Dept Manager informed me that the MM Rep will be in town mid December and may want to look at my vehicle. He also mentioned, that it will be up to me to negotiate with the Rep, as to the type of repair undertaken.

Has anybody else had a quote?
    OME Deluxe Bar, OME Sports Suspension, LR Aux Tank, MM Tow kit, Spare Tyre Lifter, Nite Stalker Driving Lights, Body Protection Kit, GME TX3340 UHF, Prodigy Brake Controller, Dual Batt & Redarc Isolator, Thule X'bars, Front & Rear Wet Seat neoprene covers, Black Sandgrabber mats. OzHummer's MMCS overide & iPod kit.... So far....
    1 Day Ago
    The Commodore

tim51, I wouldn't lose sleep over what replacement doors you get as MMAL have already knocked new door quotes on the head!!
    It aint gonna happen.
    But I do believe there will be an effective fix.

22 Hours Ago
    Cams

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Commodore
    tim51, I wouldn't lose sleep over what replacement doors you get as MMAL have already knocked new door quotes on the head!!
    It aint gonna happen.
    But I do believe there will be an effective fix.

But then dealers tell you to take the car to any panel shop for quotes, surely MM have not advised all panel shops what the fix is.

MM should be directing people to a place that knows about the fix and quotes not required. I will be arguing this hard when I finally get my advicse, photos have been taken, no word yet.

20 Hours Ago
    The Commodore

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cams
    But then dealers tell you to take the car to any panel shop for quotes, surely MM have not advised all panel shops what the fix is.

MM should be directing people to a place that knows about the fix and quotes not required. I will be arguing this hard when I finally get my advicse, photos have been taken, no word yet.

Cams, it is my understanding that there is no fix yet.

But, fact - MMAL have knocked back a door replacement quote.

15 Hours Ago
    tim51

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Commodore
    Cams, it is my understanding that there is no fix yet.

But, fact - MMAL have knocked back a door replacement quote.

Hopefully none of my following comments will breach the Administrators Rules!

If you read my other posts you will note that I said "We will have a fight on our hands to have the problem fixed properly"

The fix is new doors as the rust, according to two of the quotes, is originating from inside the doors and appearing on the outside, only new doors will fix the problem.
    These people have been repairing motor vehicles and fixing motor vehicle manufacturing defects for many years, they know what they are talking about.

If there is/was a known fix why was I sent on a wild goose chase, to waste almost two days of my valuable time obtaining these quotes. In hindsight I should have just dropped my vehicle off at my MM Service Depart and let them obtain the quotes at their expense and/or fix it as per the known fix and give me a loan car whilst they had mine.

I will not be making any further comment on this issue until I have an answer from MMAL.
    OME Deluxe Bar, OME Sports Suspension, LR Aux Tank, MM Tow kit, Spare Tyre Lifter, Nite Stalker Driving Lights, Body Protection Kit, GME TX3340 UHF, Prodigy Brake Controller, Dual Batt & Redarc Isolator, Thule X'bars, Front & Rear Wet Seat neoprene covers, Black Sandgrabber mats. OzHummer's MMCS overide & iPod kit.... So far....

14 Hours Ago
    Pickle
    Administrator

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tim51
    Hopefully none of my following comments will breach the Administrators Rules!

Post 26 of this thread Tim51. I give you a bit of leeway. Then put a warning out (second one) but you post again.
    You guys keep shooting yourselves in the foot
    You have buggered it up for the rest of the guys.
    Tomorrow the thread will go!
    Dave

11 Hours Ago
    achjimmy
    Valued Member

Maybe MMA have to go way back if they want to get a handle on its cause

2004 NM

Rust in rear door

http://forums.overlander.com.au/view...3928b20b3dda3d

Jim

MY10 Platinum, DiD, Cool Silver, Auto, factory diff lock, rear roof DVD, ARB deluxe colour coded bar, IPF 900XS lights, LR 58lt aux tank, Bilstien's all round, EFS +40mm HD front and rear progressive rate coils, airbags, soft cargo barrier, bushskinz bash plates (3) Pirana diff breathers.

To Come, snorkel, winch , ARB twin motor compressor, dual battery's, Bushskinz Sliders, TPMS, this list never ends!

10 Hours Ago
    explorer2203

The 2004 NM accross the road has rust starting at the front top of lhs rear door only. Vehicle has spent 99% of its life in a lock up garage.

Inspected 6 vehicles last weekend at a camp ground at kangaroo valley as follows:

2 x ns - both rusting top rear doors
    1 x np - slight rusting both rear doors
    3 x nt - all rusting top rear doors

I was contacted by dealer advising they are replacing my left rear door entirely and treating, painting etc right rear door. Waiting to book in. They have ordered the replacement door but don't know if it is an nt or nw replacement and have asked for details on the specifics of the treatment / repair of right hand door.

Separate to the above list...our club has 6 nt's and 4 ns and all showing same signs of corrosion. None have been aware of the issue to date unles they read it on a forum or it was pointed out to them.

2010 NT DID GLS. Dobinson Front / Lovells Rear Springs - 50mm. Dobinson front shocks and Tuff Dogs at rear. Polyairs. ARB Bar. HID 9" spots x 3. 4460 GME. RF10 Tyres. Chip It Tune chip. scanguage II. Dual Batteries. Roof basket. ICOM UHF and GME UHF

3 Hours Ago
    rdog

Door rust.
    I have rust stains on tops of both rear doors & screws badly rusted it was wet
    under the seal, the car has not been wet for about 7 days.
    Have had a dealer look at it, photos taken & was sent to a panel shop for a quote, apparently that is the first step in this type of problem.
    I would prefer to wait for Mitsubishi to come up with a standard fix to kill the rust properly and have not each dealer do his own thing.
    Details.
    White NT GL.DID auto
    Build November 2008.
    59,600 km.
    garaged all it life & never been on a beach.
    Rust under seams at front & rear of rear side doors & screws badly rusted with
    rust scale attached to seal.( same as most of the photos all ready posted ).

The dealer service manager said he did not know about the rust issue on pajeros when i spoke to him on phone to book in car,
    when i got there in the afternoon he had found it on this forum and was surprised at its extent.
    Makes you wonder why Mitsubishi as not told the dealer network about it.
    with 2 spares.
    removed the dpf. 2.5 inch Mandrell bent exhaust with
    high flow cat converter.
    Last edited by rdog; 2 Hours Ago at 08:08 AM.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• brett
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007

Without copying the document any chance you can give an outline of what the hotfix is? And is the hotfix only for those with rusty doors or is the fix to stop it happening on good doors also and everyone needs to get it done?

Comment

• iGBH
        • Dec 2010
        • Melbourne

If you want to keep this thread to fact rather than just speculation, I'd just spell out in clear unambiguous english what the hotfix is. Otherwise i predict this thread is just going to be a lot of guessing, pissing and moaning until facts are stated.

And then there will probably be more pissing and moaning....
        SOLD - MY2011 NT DiD Pajero GLX. ARB winch bar, Lightforce XGT HID's, Warn 9000lb winch, Factory rear difflock, ARB roofrack with Supa-Peg awning, Bushskinz, Safari snorkel, Lovells springs, Bilstein shocks, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265/70/17.
        Time for a D4.

Comment

• Gus
          Administrator
          • Mar 2008
          • Traralgon. Vic

Fair enough, in simple terms rust is a variable as such the Hot Fix will include repair or replacement of door/doors so it's in your own interest to take the vehicle to a dealer quote the Hot Fix # so they can arrange the appropriate fix/replacement.

Don't know what some of you guys expect us to say, you all have seen & read some of the posts that have speculated various statements which have all been now shown to be of the mark.. Mitsubishi have been & will fix all those with the issue, they have never said they wouldn't. As administrators we have asked for specific information for a reason, yes we have had words with a few guys who have interfered with Admin decisions, we have not deleted posts that have been negative to Mitsubishi but we have pointed out that some need to calm down speculation does not help any one.

We have now started the 3rd thread on this subject so again I say we aren't trying to cover up or protect Mitsubishi by censoring posts that will not happen on here. All members agreed to rules & accept Administration decisions on joining the forum. If anyone disagrees with us that's fine.. But, wouldn't it be a good idea to do it via PM..
          Again if a post is deleted or edited we always give the poster a polite PM with the reason..

Can I say for the sake of all factual comments on this issue, is what will help!

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Lance
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2009
            • Melbourne

Why not close/lock the thread now Gus so no further discussion can be bought into it to disguise facts.

2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
            2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• Pickle
              Administrator
              • Jun 2007
              • All over Oz

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              Why not close/lock the thread now Gus so no further discussion can be bought into it to disguise facts.

And then we get accused of covering up for Mitsu

Just like the two text messages on my mob phone today accusing me of doing things I had not. Some people need to get a grip.
              Dave
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Gus
                Administrator
                • Mar 2008
                • Traralgon. Vic

All good Lance we have no problem with any sharing what has transposed between Mitsubishi & inspection, repair of their pride & joy..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• geoff&vi
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • Brisbane

Gus,

Great work putting all this together.

The administrators are one of the reasons this forum is so good.

cheers
                  Geoff
                  GONE - 2010 VRX DiD Silver
                  NOW - 2012 Prado Kakadu V6 Auto. Opposite Lock bar, Runva winch, Front locker, Bilstein shocks & 2" Dobbo Coils, Lightforce 240's, Scangauge, Dual Yellowtop batteries with Traxide controller, GME 3440 UHF, Featherlite Awning

Comment

• Gus
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2008
                    • Traralgon. Vic

for that Geoff..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Cams
                      • Sep 2010
                      • Melbourne

Gus, thankyou for posting a brief summary of the hot fix. I will contact dealer on Monday to enlighten him to it as well

It has put my mind at ease somewhat.
                      2010 NT Platinum Pajero, DiD auto warm white. MM tow bar, Redarc for power.
                      Open Country AT2's
                      Jayco Startcraft 19-61.1 Family van

Comment

• Gus
                        Administrator
                        • Mar 2008
                        • Traralgon. Vic

Glad to hear that Cams, keep us up to date with your progress..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• CraigFox
                          • Jun 2010
                          • Happy Valley SA

I too along with Geoff would like to publicly thank Gus and Pickle for their perseverance with this particular issue.

Our ACTiV has been to the dealer twice for inspections by area manager etc, and an independant panel shop, so just waiting for MM/dealer to let us know what course of action to take.

As I have stated in a previous thread, my doors will not fall off, but would still like them made good as new. So what if it takes another 12 months, the sun will sill rise, and the Paj will still be running!
                          Foxy

2010 NT Did Auto ACTiV. MM Tow Bar. ARB Bar, 50mm Raised Suspension, BFG A/T's, Tinted Windows, Red Arc remote head brake controller, Uniden UHF, Airtec Snorkel, Rhino Pioneer Basket, 81litre Long Range Tank (finally!!)

Bushskinz under body still to come one day.

Comment

• Jenko67
                            • Jul 2011
                            • Brisbane

Hey Gus,

What do you mean by a 'Hot Fix'? I have posted some information on the other tread. I have no issues apart from a stain, is the fix for all as a just in case scenario or just those ones that are rusted.

I would never have known about this issue if it wasn't for this forum.. Not impressed Mitsubishi.

Thanks

jenko
                            2011 Pajero RX2, white, auto diesel, genuine towbar, electronic rust proofing, brake controller, mats throughout, neoprene seat covers, tinted front windows, headlight and bonnet protectors, dual battery, Redarc with anderson plug and heavy duty fridge socket etc etc but I want more...

Towing - 2013 Coromal Magnum Transforma Poptop

To do list - bullbar, spotlights, polyair airbags or suspension ??? (still to decide), airtec snorkel...

Comment

• Cams
                              • Sep 2010
                              • Melbourne

I have an update for my Nt pajeros rust problem. This morning I rang my dealer and spoke to the rep who booked my car in initially, he stated that the manager is looking after mine, that should be handy. Anyway, an hour or so later, the manager rang. At this time they have not recieved word from MM regarding photos of my vehicle, but have got the Hot Fix. Service Manager (lets call him SM) advised they needed it inspected by a panel shop. SM did not indicate 3 quotes but to see one only, I asked if he has any they would recommend? They have 3 that they use and SM suggested a particular one, OK. SM was going to ring the panel shop (PS) ahead of my visit to advise details etc. So far so good.

I arrived at PS this afternoon and met with the manager there (PSM). PSM on first look at the doors did look somewhat concerned. We discussed the issue for sometime and PSM was very welcoming and informative. The problem is certainly between the panels. PSM mentioned 2 ways to remedy problem, exactly like in the hot fix, we discussed both.

Firstly the fix, remove doors, strip and use rust converter on afffected area, several applications (it is like milk and should penetrate the seam, maybe) seal it and then repaint the black and refit. I asked him and he could not gaurauntee that the rust would never return, it is a risk. It might not come back, or it could come back in years to come (would MM repair it then?)

So I'm not to keen on this method due to it not being a definate fix (this is based on PSM's advice, not mine)

Second option replace doors. If the newer NW doors were used with proper sealing should be a perfect fix. However, our car is Warm white, pearl. PSM stated you cannot just paint the new door, it would not colour match. To get it right the entire sides of the car would need stripping and painting. Well this would solve the problem, but do I really want the entire sides of the car stripped and repainted when it is only 1 year old? not really.

To conclude my chat with PSM it was decided that PSM will speak with SM again and discuss it. PSM will probably provide 2 quotes to SM, one for each process, of course MM also have to be part of the decision. It's lucky I am not in a rush for resolution with holidays coming up and I need the car.

So I have 2 options (probably like everyone else)

1, fix existing doors, rust might return.
                              2, replace doors, car perhaps mismatched in paint or virtually a complete respray and any other issue that might arise form stripping and refitting.

Right now I am actually thinking of a 3rd option, get number 1 done and then get rid of the car and buy another brand, bt50 perhaps. In this day to have a car rusting is a major error by MM and neither fix is really that good in my case. I wish it was a motor blow up problem, at least that doesn't alter how it looks.
                              OK so that last part is all my thoughts. I am not angry, but I am disapointed . I know people say it is only minor, but what if I hang on to it and it gets a reputation of being a rust bucket, it will devalue at a rapid rate. Will MM repair it again if option 1 is taken and it reappears? I really don't want the thing stripped and both sides repainted.
                              For those with standard or even metalic colours, your are a little better of, door only can be painted, the pearl is the problem. I can see some major discussions coming up in the future, not fit for purpose perhaps?
                              2010 NT Platinum Pajero, DiD auto warm white. MM tow bar, Redarc for power.
                              Open Country AT2's
                              Jayco Startcraft 19-61.1 Family van

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X