X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caroma
    • May 2012
    • WA - Pilbara

Tank should be arriving in town today. Booked in for install next Monday. Getting excited.
    2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• MyExceed
      • May 2014
      • Hobart, Tas

That's definately something I need too. Keen to see what you think of it......
      Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift

Comment

• gringo
        • Jun 2009
        • Harrington Park (Sydney)

Could I ask you How much is it going to cost you all up?Im after one as well

Comment

• caroma
          • May 2012
          • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by gringo View Post
          Could I ask you How much is it going to cost you all up?Im after one as well
          Tank was ~$1600 plus $150 freight. I then got it installed for $700 by a mechanic who hadn't done this brand before. Standard labour charges here are $100p/h plus GST.

Will get some photos up soon. In the meanwhile here's my new trailer:
          Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17, 01:19 AM.
          2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• MyExceed
            • May 2014
            • Hobart, Tas

Nice trailer mate, has a definite camping look to it. What's the plans, just haul all your camping gear around in it ??

I'm having a bike trailer built at the moment to haul the KLR650 around......

Looking forward to some pics of the tank install, it's on my bucket list but at ~$2500 will have to wait a bit
            Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift

Comment

• dunney
              • Jul 2014
              • port hedland

Originally posted by caroma View Post
              Tank was ~$1600 plus $150 freight. I then got it installed for $700 by a mechanic who hadn't done this brand before. Standard labour charges here are $100p/h plus GST.

Will get some photos up soon. In the meanwhile here's my new trailer:
              Geeze that doesn't look like any street in the Pilbara I've ever been down

Comment

• caroma
                • May 2012
                • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by MyExceed View Post
                Nice trailer mate, has a definite camping look to it. What's the plans, just haul all your camping gear around in it ??

I'm having a bike trailer built at the moment to haul the KLR650 around......

Looking forward to some pics of the tank install, it's on my bucket list but at ~$2500 will have to wait a bit
                Yeah mate we have an Oztent RV5 that needs to be hauled around. I also wanted to
                Kill two birds with one stone, rather than have a full blown Camper Trailer sitting around doing nothing half its life AND a box trailer for tip runs.

Eventually when the kids are older we will look at upgrading to a CT or even caravan.
                2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• caroma
                  • May 2012
                  • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by dunney View Post
                  Geeze that doesn't look like any street in the Pilbara I've ever been down
                  'Tis at my parents' house in Dawesville, cheeky bugger.
                  2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• caroma
                    • May 2012
                    • WA - Pilbara

Photos of the 81L LRA tank.

Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17, 01:18 AM.
                    2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• MyExceed
                      • May 2014
                      • Hobart, Tas

Looks good mate, does it go up the drivers side rear quarter panel?? I have the rear air conditioning up there so probably won't fit my exceed

I like the gauge, neat little bit of kit.

Are you happy with it ?
                      Mark

Comment

• sharkcaver
                        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                        • May 2009
                        • Perth

I will be working on my 2nd LRA 81L tank tomorrow. Before I do anything, the support brackets will be gusseted. I asked LRA to do this, and they did the RHS only, the one on mine that failed. Is it really rocket science that perhaps the other side needed it too? Just keep your eye on things when in the rough up there in the Pilbara.
                        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• grhyso
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2012
                          • Perth

Looks good mate, does it go up the drivers side rear quarter panel?? I have the rear air conditioning up there so probably won't fit my exceed

I like the gauge, neat little bit of kit.

Are you happy with it ?
                          That it does, they do a 58L tank for the models that have the rear air con fitted.
                          2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• MyExceed
                            • May 2014
                            • Hobart, Tas

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
                            That it does, they do a 58L tank for the models that have the rear air con fitted.
                            Thanks grhyso, I'll have to look into that.......
                            Mark

Comment

• caroma
                              • May 2012
                              • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                              I will be working on my 2nd LRA 81L tank tomorrow. Before I do anything, the support brackets will be gusseted. I asked LRA to do this, and they did the RHS only, the one on mine that failed. Is it really rocket science that perhaps the other side needed it too? Just keep your eye on things when in the rough up there in the Pilbara.
                              Will do
                              2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• caroma
                                • May 2012
                                • WA - Pilbara

Thanks grhyso, I'll have to look into that.......
                                Yeah as GRHYSO said any model with rear aircon can only fit the 58l tanks unfortunately.
                                2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X