X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • exceeding
    • Dec 2008

NM Pajero temperature gauge fix

I've got the dreaded faulty temp gauge issue and after reading other posts on what it costs to fix I figured there had to be a cheaper way.

As a temporary fix I've installed an aftermarket mechancial temp gauge zip tied under the dash.

A mate put me onto Howard Instruments who have quoted $220 to repair, not including removing and refitting of dash cluster. I forgot to ask if the odometer reading is saved, but it's alot cheaper than the 1000 odd dollars some people have been quoted by Mitsubitshi dealers.

Howard Instruments
    110 Northern Rd,
    Heidelberg Heights,
    Victoria 3081, Australia
    Phone : 03 9457 4755
  • Handy Andy
    • May 2010
    • Brisbane

temp gauge

gidday mate ( exceeding),
    While I'm in Brisbane, I had this issue 6 months ago and it cost $220 or $230 to eventually repair after cable tying the mechanical gauge under the bonnet, I removed the instrument cluster, two screws up the top near the perspex face and it clips out quite easily. The instrument maker I took it to ( Otto's at Salisbury) sent it off to Sydney it took three days and the speedo readings were all saved. Work is guaranteed so its fingers crossed but all is good so far.
    Andy

Comment

• exceeding
      • Dec 2008

Seems the price is right then.

Good news about the odometer reading, Mitsubitshi charge $200 just to recover the original reading!

Comment

• streetbeastinc
        • Dec 2010
        • TRINIDAD

what are the symptoms of this problem...right now mines saying over the half but it shows no sign of over heating........so i dunno if its a stuck thermostat....grr driving me nuts...

Comment

• dean
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by streetbeastinc View Post
          what are the symptoms of this problem...right now mines saying over the half but it shows no sign of over heating........so i dunno if its a stuck thermostat....grr driving me nuts...
          The symptons are just that. The temp gauge is up and down like a yoyo or in my case showed boiling all the time. Replaced the thermostat and finally checked with Mitsi who informed me of the gauge problem, and the rest is history.
          Dean
          NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• MickyDeee
            • Nov 2009
            • Seville Grove, W.A

Has anyone in perth had these repaired, if so where and price please, ours was fine until about 4 weeks ago now it is playing up .

Mike.
            NM 3.5 2001 Exceed, 20% ---5% premium tint, GME 3200 uhf, narva spotlights, factory bullbar, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, kumho kl61 tyres, Projecta 150 dual battery setup.

Comment

• sveevers
              • Feb 2011
              • Perth

Originally posted by MickyDeee View Post
              Has anyone in perth had these repaired, if so where and price please, ours was fine until about 4 weeks ago now it is playing up .

Mike.
              I know I'm digging up an old thread but how did you go with this Miike? Mine has just developed the problem and I am keen to find out if there is anyone local that can fix it without charging an arm and a leg.

Steve

Comment

• sharkcaver
                "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                • May 2009
                • Perth

So you've a total of three posts and cant be stuffed searching????

I like to help anyone, but only like to spoon feed those with good reason to be spoon fed.

Here is your answer. One week old......

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X