• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiwi downunder
    • Feb 2014
    • Adelaide

iCarsoft CR pro

Hello,
    Last night I got a SRS warning lamp up and i'm looking at a tool to help me diagnose & repair the srs system as i'm well outside of warranty.

Has anyone used the 'iCarsoft CR pro' scan tool to read analyse and reset errors specifically for the SRS system/ ECU

Cheers,
    Paul
    2012 PB Challenger, Auto.
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

I have an Icarsoft HMN II unit, and it did not manage to clear the SRS fault code from my NW Pajero. It said that it cleared the code successfully, but when I started the car again, the fault code reappeared. There was no fault - I took the car to the local Mitsubishi dealer and the foreman cleared the code with his MUTT system. The HNM II manages to monitor many parameters and has cleared a few codes, but one code - something to low voltage - would not clear, even on the MUTT machine. I had replaced the battery but the code remained and the dealer could not clear it either. I just ignored it from then on.

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Originally posted by Kiwi downunder View Post
      Hello,
      Last night I got a SRS warning lamp up and i'm looking at a tool to help me diagnose & repair the srs system as i'm well outside of warranty.

Has anyone used the 'iCarsoft CR pro' scan tool to read analyse and reset errors specifically for the SRS system/ ECU

Cheers,
      Paul
      2012 PB Challenger, Auto.
      I have a feeling it’s your right hand curtain air bag wiring loom ...
      of course need to verify this ...
      and even out of warranty Mitsi are doing these as good will .. just demand a dealer to put in the claim ...

We just had ours done also .. at first the dealer said $1800 .. I said did you put a claim in .. their reply it’s out of warranty.. I wouldn’t except that and demanded they put in the claim .. and low and behold it was covered ...

Just be aware it’s a massive job and take photos of before and after all panels and check clips .. as we got our car back after first returning it with 19 bits of damage .. they then took 2 weeks to get it back to near condition that I accepted...

Good luck

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• amec
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Wamberal

I had the light and the stealership played with the connectors which resolved. It got obd2 tool off ebay which resets srs codes and it actually works,
        PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• Kiwi downunder
          • Feb 2014
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by amec View Post
          I had the light and the stealership played with the connectors which resolved. It got obd2 tool off ebay which resets srs codes and it actually works,
          What is the said tool type and model please, I want to try and find the fault, as I'm sure I disturbed the connectors/wires at the ECU and just want to reset/ monitor codes until I get the correct connection.

Comment

• amec
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Wamberal

Foxwell nt630 elite.
            Attached Files
            PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• Kiwi downunder
              • Feb 2014
              • Adelaide

Thanks, I will check it out.

Comment

• stevemc181
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2012
                • Thornlie/Perth

I had an airbag fault on my NW 2012 Paj after changing a clock spring and I didn't plug the connectors in properly before reconnecting the battery.
                I bought an updated version of the OBDLINK MX+ Dongle as apparently it could clear SRS codes. I should have looked into it in more detail before buying as it does most manufacturers but Mitsubishi isn't on the list

I then bought the iCarsoft HNM II, at first it didn't appear to be clearing the SRS code, I tried a few different methods and am not sure what changed but on the 4th go it cleared the code succesfully. I think the first few times I just had the ignition set to on/not running. The 4th time I closed the drivers door and had the engine running and it cleared the code. Whether that was just coincidental or not I don't know, but happy enough that it cleared it.
                2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X