• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeePee
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2012
    • Brisbane

Insurance

I have had my Challenger insured with NRMA since new and the renewal that came this week is not real flash. Agreed value down to $18k and a premium of $923. Not happy with that. I only have 84,000 on the clock and I have a bunch of accessories so feel the value is a little under cooked. The premium is too high for my no claim records also.

I am in Qld so interested in what the alternatives might be and I am over 50 with no claims whatsoever.
    MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.
  • Jasonmc73
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2019
    • Brisbane

Out of interest what was your premium last year with NRMA?

I'm in QLD & also insure with them, vehilce, house & trailer.

Others I have seen complain about them hiking recently.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

We can all expect an increase in insurance premiums on all items as insurance companies have been hit hard by increased volume of claims in recent times due to natural weather events. If you live in an area that has had recent hailstorms, flood or fire events you can expect premiums to increase significantly as the risk profile has changed.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

]I,m with RACQ...2014 NW Pajero....$810 and agreed $34,000. Have my house/contents, boat and trailers with them as well. Also RACQ Platinum roadside assist..(highest available one)
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• PT75
          • Sep 2017
          • SE Suburbs, Melbourne

I have my challenger insured with RACV. Insured at agreed value. Also have wife’s car , and house with them. I tried finding something cheaper. I did , but not at the agreed value I wanted. so I’ve stayed with these guys

Comment

• PeePee
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2012
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
            Out of interest what was your premium last year with NRMA?

I'm in QLD & also insure with them, vehilce, house & trailer.

Others I have seen complain about them hiking recently.
            $870 with an agreed value of $21,400. I also have three cars with them, two houses one with contents and the other is landlord.

I am a Gold Member with RACQ so will runs quote with them and also Suncorp. I got a quote from Club 4x4 it was around $550 with an agreed value of $15,400 plus accessories of $10,000. I started to read their PDS and got the feeling they had more exclusions that inclusions, so ask some questions with some other friends and they have experienced issues with claims and noted the premiums went up by a lot in the 2nd year.

After reviewing last years premium with NRMA it hasn't changed much really, so seems to be reasonable I guess. will still quote elsewhere for the exercise.
            MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2019
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
              We can all expect an increase in insurance premiums on all items as insurance companies have been hit hard by increased volume of claims in recent times due to natural weather events. If you live in an area that has had recent hailstorms, flood or fire events you can expect premiums to increase significantly as the risk profile has changed.

OJ.
              We have had zero natural events for years where I live, Wives car last year $580, online quote this year $890.
              Logged in as me.

I get it premiums change depending on recent payouts & risk, but if my house, car & trailer follow this pattern I will have to be silly not to presume there is an element of loyalty tax involved.

I had this discussion last year & the NRMA rep agreed loyalty tax was alive & well, but the jump wasn't 50%.

Been with them for 10 yearish & seeing OP's lives similar location no change

Might be time to see if anyone else would like the "risk" & business & at what price me thinks. I might get a shock & all may be the same as well
              Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2019
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                ]I,m with RACQ...2014 NW Pajero....$810 and agreed $34,000. Have my house/contents, boat and trailers with them as well. Also RACQ Platinum roadside assist..(highest available one)
                I will look them up, NRMA have been cheap for me compared to others for years & the policy was good, but that is changing, policy has narrowed, price up & I suspect it is possibly loyalty taxes

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

• PeePee
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2012
                  • Brisbane

Took some time today and got two quotes on identical terms from RACQ & Suncorp. They were almost the same however the RACQ excess was way cheaper for under 19 non listed drivers. No one drives the Challenger other than me so it’s not a benefit currently.

Looks like NRMA will retain me based on the times I had a claim they stumped up with in days, no delays and no hassles whatsoever. Been a while since a claim though, about 12 or so years I think.

Comment

• RMX
                    • Apr 2011
                    • Melbourne

I have multiple cars and bikes insured with Shannons, the Challenger is insured under "Extreme limited use - used no more than twice a month on average" agreed at $27.5k with mods and the premium is $732 PA
                    The first XROX equipped Challenger.

XROX Bar and Rock Sliders, 4" Stainless Steel Snorkel by Raslarr Engineering, 3" Lift with Dobinson MRR Remote Reservoir Shocks and Dobinson Springs, 33s, KMC HD Heist Wheels, Winch, Boo's Bash Plates, Locked, HID's, 9" & 4" LED Spotlights, Tinted, Custom Roof Console with UHF and relocated MFC, Custom rear storage with drawer, fridge slide, hard wired air compressor and 15" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer

*Click links above to be taken to each build post*

Comment

• Last Mohican
                      • Mar 2016
                      • Sydney

My policy went down 2.5% this year and is $592
                      But it is only insured for market value whatever that is atm
                      December/2015 PC LS Challenger (last one)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X