• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rob Kenning
    • Sep 2014
    • Armidale NSW

Dim Dash Lights at night

Hi All,
    At night when I turn my lights on, the dash binnacle backlighting is dim and I can't see the speedo very well. I can't find any dash light brightness adjustment anyway. Any thoughts?

Cheers-Rob
    MY 14 PC Challenger Manual. Bog stock so far.
  • fester
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Gympie Qld

The adjuster is the trip meter knob sticking out of the cluster, just twist it.

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Originally posted by fester View Post
      left dim, right brighten

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Rob Kenning
        • Sep 2014
        • Armidale NSW

Thanks to you both for the clarification.

Cheers -Rob
        MY 14 PC Challenger Manual. Bog stock so far.

Comment

• greig
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2010
          • kanwal

A lot of blokes don't like doing it.....but reading the manual doesn't take long at all !!!

Comment

• spot01
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by greig View Post
            A lot of blokes don't like doing it.....but reading the manual doesn't take long at all !!!
            It spoils the fun!

But I always discover a whole bunch of things my car has that I would never have known without reading the manual, so worth checking out.
            Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• aaron.miller
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2011
              • Epping, NSW

I have read the owners manual, and never knew about twisting the trip meter dial, thanks guys
              2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• greig
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2010
                • kanwal

Originally posted by aaron.miller View Post
                I have read the owners manual, and never knew about twisting the trip meter dial, thanks guys
                Ha ha, you must have missed bits !!

Comment

• spot01
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • Adelaide

Not to mention the things not in the handbook, like the Gen 4 Pajero's hill holder.
                  Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• whitedg
                    • Dec 2011
                    • Rydalmere

I also didn't know that (admittedly not that I went looking for it).

Another thing that is not in any manual is the Bluetooth on the MY12 PB LS. I had heaps of trouble with mine when I first got the car, to the point that it took 3 visits, MMA technician and finally a replaced Bluetooth module to get it working.

Sigh...

whitedg
                    MY12 PB LS Manual (Ironbark), HR towbar, Cooper AT3 Tyres, GME UHF, MM Alloy Nudgebar, Rhino-rack roof racks & basket, EGR resistor mod, DP-Chip, Diff Breathers.

Comment

• spot01
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Adelaide

Hill Hold Function on Gen 4 Pajero

Hill holder in Gen4:
                      - stop on hill & hold with foot brake
                      - put auto selector into manual mode & push up to select 2nd gear
                      - take foot off brake (it should hold, but test your car with nothing behind just in case)
                      - as you press the accelerator, pull the selector into 1st gear & drive off

I suspect they don't put it in the manual due to the steps involved & possible consequences if someone gets it wrong.

PS - I'll also post this in the Gen 4 thread where it belongs.
                      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• pb4x2
                        • May 2015
                        • Deception Bay Qld 4508

Originally posted by fester View Post
                        Thank you from me also, did notice last week dash lights seemed dim but put it down to old age and failing eye sight. It's no wonder I spend so much time on this forum there is so much information here.
                        2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• fester
                          Valued Member
                          • Feb 2013
                          • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by pb4x2 View Post
                          Thank you from me also, did notice last week dash lights seemed dim but put it down to old age and failing eye sight. It's no wonder I spend so much time on this forum there is so much information here.
                          Haha, I have to admit that I had to try and remember where it was only last weekend. Car detailer must have knocked it down and wife was complaining. I got in to drive it that night and I was looking everywhere trying to remember where it was. Basically hadn't touched the dimmer since buying the car a couple of years ago.

Comment

• executive
                            • May 2011
                            • Melbourne - Doncaster

Dash light issue

Hi guys ,
                            I just came across this thread and thought to post my issue to see if you guys have come across it before which is related to dash lights.

I have done a bit of mod on my dash over the past few years and everything has been working fine till recently .

I have noticed that if I switch my lights on at night once I get in to the car all the dash lights , radio , heater lights come on normally and I can even drive for hours with no issue .

However , If stop and switch the engine and head lights off and then start the head lights on again then the heater and radio lights lights (only) will not come on again . This only seem to effect the lighting on these two componenets but not the functionality as radio and heater/ aircon work fine . The solution is to let the car switched off for an hour then switch on the lights and everything is back to normal .

It is almost if there is a single relay controlling the lights on the heater and radio only which is faulty but it is only restricted to these two components .appreciate any feed back .
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	975528

Comment

• Bendigo Challenger
                              • Jan 2019
                              • Bendigo

Sweet.....
                              Another problem solved ✅✅

Comment