Below Nav Bar

Collapse

SE:QLD Day Trip - Sunday 11/07 - Destination (To be decided)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fro
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Nundah, QLD

SE:QLD Day Trip - Sunday 11/07 - Destination (To be decided)

I know its short notice for some of you but I was thinking we haven't organised anything as a forum for quite a while and I want to organise something

I was thinking of organising a day trip up to either:
    The Glasshouse Mountains
    Mt Mee, or
    Rainbow Beach

I will welcome any other suggestions in case I missed one.
    Glasshouse Mountains
    0.00%
    Mt Mee
    75.00%
    Rainbow Beach
    25.00%
    Other
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

2007 NS X, SWB, 3.2L Di-D, Automatic. Accessories: iCom UHF, Dual Battery System, Nudge Bar and an Engel for keeping the important stuff cold.
  • martyvan
    • Feb 2009
    • Brisbane North

2 weeks later, and i would definitely be interested in a day trip to rainbow (likely to be there anyway) but, what about condamine gorge? is that an option, or will all this rain likely make the water crossings too deep???

Comment

• Fro
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2009
      • Nundah, QLD

I've heard of it but I've never been there or done it. I'd be happy to do it providing I'll be able to do it without drowning my Pajero.

At this stage I'm still open to suggestions.
      2007 NS X, SWB, 3.2L Di-D, Automatic. Accessories: iCom UHF, Dual Battery System, Nudge Bar and an Engel for keeping the important stuff cold.

Comment

• mbc04
        • Jun 2010
        • brisbane

happy with any really but i am in a stock np atm trying to get the lift done my next weekend but.....

and now i will have to try and get out of the netball carnival

thanks this will be a big help

Comment

• MTN-KAT
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Fro View Post
          I've heard of it but I've never been there or done it. I'd be happy to do it providing I'll be able to do it without drowning my Pajero.

At this stage I'm still open to suggestions.
          Hi all, I have done this trip (from Boonah/Rathdowney road end up to Killarney) in my stock NL and it's great. It's called 14 creek crossings. Sounds american indian. The Condamine River runs down from Killarney thru Cambanoora Gorge. There is always water in the crossings but no deeper than step under sill, so about one foot with a loose small stoney bottom. 4WD CD lock covers it. If a big dump of rain fell on the mountain or creek catchment then the flow would cause a temporary rise until it passed thru. Last year there were workers at the crossings. A Subaru turned back when we went thru. Do hope the crossings haven't been made any easier. Some people do live in the forest along the trail. Pretty drive. You can look it up on Google and the RACQ did an article on it about a year ago. Cheers.
          99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

• tlmarti
            • Oct 2009
            • Warwick QLD

Originally posted by MTN-KAT View Post
            Hi all, I have done this trip (from Boonah/Rathdowney road end up to Killarney) in my stock NL and it's great. It's called 14 creek crossings. Sounds american indian. The Condamine River runs down from Killarney thru Cambanoora Gorge. There is always water in the crossings but no deeper than step under sill, so about one foot with a loose small stoney bottom. 4WD CD lock covers it. If a big dump of rain fell on the mountain or creek catchment then the flow would cause a temporary rise until it passed thru. Last year there were workers at the crossings. A Subaru turned back when we went thru. Do hope the crossings haven't been made any easier. Some people do live in the forest along the trail. Pretty drive. You can look it up on Google and the RACQ did an article on it about a year ago. Cheers.
            Sorry to provide some disapointment but I went along the Condamine River road in late April this year and probably could have done it in 2wd. Only engaged 4wd (no CD) for added saftey as it was the start of my trip to Western Aust and I was fully loaded. It's a nice drive just not difficult.

Comment

• martyvan
              • Feb 2009
              • Brisbane North

Originally posted by tlmarti View Post
              Sorry to provide some disapointment but I went along the Condamine River road in late April this year and probably could have done it in 2wd. Only engaged 4wd (no CD) for added saftey as it was the start of my trip to Western Aust and I was fully loaded. It's a nice drive just not difficult.
              Was that before or after we had a big rain???

I cant remember, all the rain is just blending in with each other now.... cant recall specific rain events !! hahaha

On another note, there could well be ICE on the roads this month.... so maybe we shouldnt do condamine??

Comment

• tlmarti
                • Oct 2009
                • Warwick QLD

There haven't been any significant rain events since then.

I did a trip down to Sundown NP yesterday arvo and it was pretty good. Had a chance to try out the rear diff lock on the way to get back up a couple of the hills. Never made it to the Severn River though as I left Warwick after lunch and wanted to be back before dark.

Comment

• Pajenaro
                  • Oct 2007
                  • Albany Creek

Going camping this weekend up around Kenilworth, otherwise I'd join in on a get together. MT Mee would be my vote.

have fun!

Scott
                  1998 NL GLX 2.8TD, Man

Comment

• Fro
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • Nundah, QLD

So at this stage we've got 2 for Mt Mee, 1 for Rainbow Beach and 1 for Condamine Gorge.

I want to do Mt Mee because I haven't been there before and its nice and close. I'm happy to give Condamine Gorge a go if the majority say yes, but for now, I'm going to stick with Mt Mee.

Comment

• Snapcatcher
                      Valued Member
                      • Feb 2009
                      • Brisbane

Hey guys. I cant make it. Below is a link to a map for Mt Mee. I'd suggest going in from Wirth road or the end of laceys creek road (starting at Dayboro) Do all the blue sections. The rest could almost be done in 2WD.

Also if your looking for a good days 4WDing I'd avoid Condamine. The water crossings provide a bit of entertainment (had water over bonnet last time I was there) but the rest of the track (and theres not much of it) is quite boring in 4WDing terms. From Brisbane its a dam long way to drive to go through a few creeks.
                      Silver NM Pajero 3.5L Auto. ARB bullbar, Opposite Lock Rear bar, Front Lokka, Uniden UHF, Bilstein shocks, Lovells HD coils, TJM OX 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2's on 16x8 Advanti Rims, Custom bash plate, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 170s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Ironman Awning, Duel battery system.

Comment

• Fro
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2009
                        • Nundah, QLD

It looks like we're going to Mt Mee. Can I get a definite yes or no out of everyone?

If you're a yes I'll send you a PM with my mobile phone number and if no one wants to go with me I won't bother going.

The Meet: I'll take Snapcatcher's advise and start at Wirth Road. I'd like us all to meet on Williams Road, Dayboro (clicky for a map) There is a small car park next to Eagle boys. We'll meet there at 9.00am and head off at 9.30am once everyone has arrived.

The plan for the day isn't to spend whole day there but enough to have a bit of fun. I'll be taking food with me but my plan is to have lunch on my way home

We'll also use UHF 16 for the day

Comment

• 4wd26
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

Hey Fro
                          are you still interested?

Very interested in half a day
                          ML triton with some accessories
                          National E Trek Libary
                          Getting Out There

Comment

• martyvan
                            • Feb 2009
                            • Brisbane North

did you end up going on the trip FRO?

Im thinking of going on 24th... or to double island...

If you did go, what were the conditions like?

Comment

• Fro
                              Valued Member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • Nundah, QLD

I ended up going with 4WD26 and we spent about 90mins out there and did a small loop. We didn't do what Snapcatcher suggested because I didn't have any ink to print out the map and 4WD26 relied on me to have it.

But as Snapcatcher said, it was boring and far from challenging. It could have been done in 2WD. The only up side was that it was a nice drive and I didn't break anything. I'll also point out that the tracks themselves are good and smooth in most places and a little bumpy in others. No corrugations though and we didn't even bother dropping tyre pressure.

It might have been fun if it had rained and turned all the tracks to mud.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X