• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motorazr
    • Aug 2018
    • Adelaide

NL Brake rotors

I have located a set of new repco brake rotors RBR 663 for the right price and am having trouble working out if they will fit my model. They were purchased for a 4 door 2.8 1999 NL diesel and mine is a 3.5 sohc 1998 NL. The repco site says it may not be compatable but gives no further info. Would anyone have some experience in fitting these and know if it would be of use to me.
  • brw0513
    • Apr 2018
    • Brisbane

I can't answer your exact question, but I have a 6G74 NL SWB Pajero (V25W model variant). I believe this is the front axle arrangement:

Looking for genuine OEM Front axle hub & drum for 1997 - 2000 Mitsubishi PAJERO/MONTERO V25W (EUR sales region, , 1880136-164709)? Check on MegaZip at discounted price from manufacturers' warehouses in Japan, USA, UAE. Detailed diagrams & catalogues. Worldwide shipping. Easy to find parts & order online. Buy now!

The disc is part number MB928120.

If you can confirm your model variant (there should be a plate fixed to the underside of your bonnet) and trace it on the same website, then if the disc is the same part number then I'd say you are in luck. Otherwise, the discs are very likely to be different between models.

There are no guarantees this information is correct!
    Ian B
    1998 NL SWB 6G74 Manual

Comment

• paul77
      • Apr 2017
      • Sunny Coast

Where are you? I've got a brand new set of quality rotors for an NL Sohc lwb on the sunny coast that you can have for cheap! I can deliver to Brisbane. Just tell me what repco wants and I'll tell you my price.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
      Current: 1997 NK Pajero 2.8, 2' lift, ARB bar, warn winch, snorkel, suspension seats...

Sold:1997 NL Pajero 3.5 SOHC V6
      2" Suspension lift, manual avm hubs, 33" Falken AT, rock sliders, solar panel, roof platform, custom mud guards, awning, snorkel, K&N intake, breathers, dual battery, inverter, various power points with fuse box, custom fridge slide and shelf in back, removable bed platform, legal 5-seater.

Comment

• paul77
        • Apr 2017
        • Sunny Coast

To answer your question: the NL that came with 16" wheels has rotors with about 315mm diameter. The 15" models have about 265mm diameter on the front rotors from memory. You need to check what you have and compare it to the ones you want to buy. Pretty easy to measure of your take the wheel off if you're not sure. The ones I have for sale are the big ones.

Current: 1997 NK Pajero 2.8, 2' lift, ARB bar, warn winch, snorkel, suspension seats...

2" Suspension lift, manual avm hubs, 33" Falken AT, rock sliders, solar panel, roof platform, custom mud guards, awning, snorkel, K&N intake, breathers, dual battery, inverter, various power points with fuse box, custom fridge slide and shelf in back, removable bed platform, legal 5-seater.

Comment

• paul77
          • Apr 2017
          • Sunny Coast

Mine are PROTEX DR237 disks

Specifications@*$#
          Type Vented@*$#
          OD 314@*$#
          Ht 45.5@*$#
          Max 24@*$#
          Min 22.4@*$#
          Centre 87@*$#
          Studs 6@*$#

That's what the nl with standard 16" has.

Comment

• motorazr
            • Aug 2018
            • Adelaide

Thanks for the offer paul77. I am in Adelaide so probably not worth sending unfortunately. The repco discs were only $70.00 for the pair, new from private seller.
            Funny you put a mega zip link up as I just had a few items delivered from them yesterday.
            I have 16 inch rims, so will probably have to do a little bit more homework.

Comment

• paul77
              • Apr 2017
              • Sunny Coast

No worries, good luck!

Comment

• motorazr
                • Aug 2018
                • Adelaide

Had a look on the DBA website and it looks like the turbo diesel has rotors of 276mm compared to 314mm for the petrol, from the specs and part numbers it might be possible to put the larger rotor on the diesel but not the other way round.

Comment

• stumagoo
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2014
                  • Perth WA S.O.R

the rotors are different but the callipers are supposed to be the same on all gen 2's the mounting points are offset on the hub carrier to allow for the larger rotors.... pretty sure the same brake pads are used on all gen 2's
                  1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                  *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                  1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• motorazr
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Adelaide

Thanks for the info guys it was appreciated.

Comment

• Dongskie2
                      • Dec 2016
                      • Manila & Berwick

These were actually bought in Australia

Last edited by Dongskie2; 19-10-18, 06:39 AM.
                      Nothing beats Doing It Yourself.... Tuned 4M40 and 4D56T WIP

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X