Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 29-05-18

Ok sounds like I really don't need to worry about getting diesel fuel on Fraser. I'll leave the jerry cans at home. That's my preference too. A guess as back up I could siphon some out of my mates Prado if I get caught out. He said it has 2 fuel tanks and takes 180 Litres. Just need a small container and length of hose... No doubt he'll share some fuel with me as he has no fridge (I do) so I should still have cold beers on the last night to trade...

Yes it's probably to much time in the car especially via the inland tracks , I had wondered about that. Not real keen to spend hours crawling along at 20kms/hr. We'll probably use the beach in both directions, thanks for the tips.

Great advice on this forum, thanks everyone.
Old 02-06-18
Valued Member

Hi mate, I got to Fraser every year, there is heaps of places to get fuel from Orchid beach north of Indian head right back down to Eurong, Happy Vally, Cathedrall Camp ground and King fisher bay resort. You won’t need to carry fuel. All you need to do is plan for your trip and if leaving early due to tides fill up the previous day.

I never have had an issue and I have been going for 15 years. Yes it is more expensive but so it should.

You will only need low range in a few areas like north of Orchid beach at Ngkala Rocks bypass, it is very soft and you need to be up it a fair bit to get through. No doubt if your a bit cautious you will get stuck and it’s a bitch to get out. At very low tide you can get around the front of the rocks but I have only ever seen this twice, so it’s not an option most of the time.

Fuel consumption is around 20 I think, I just fill up if I drop below half a tank just in case we have an early start and want to get going before the servo is open.
MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.