Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 07-05-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4x2 View Post
I bought a 2011 MN Triton a year ago which i am very happy with apart from the fact it had new brake pads fitted and dust up the alloys making the vehicle look unloved. My question is what brand low dust pads you would recommend?
Darryl
I'm of the opinion that softer compounds will usually be more efficient at braking (ie have better braking capacity) but do to so would produce more dust as a consequence.

Longer wearing pads would have a harder compound, thus less dust but less efficient at braking.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 07-05-18
Valued Member

I replaced my front discs, as they were warped, with DBA2208S T2 rotors, DBA do a selection of 8 different disc so depending on your budget and use then there is a disc for you.

I also fitted Bendix 4wd pads front and rear at the same time, no bedding in required and nice pedal feel, good braking and no fade but at 40,000kms all 4 pads were worn to the limit, NOT HAPPY JAN, as I had got 80,000kms of the original pads. Replaced again with Bendix 4wd but are having discussions with Bendix on why the short life. I had used Bendix 4wd on previous manual transmission 4wds and got a 120,000+kms out of a set of pads, the Challenger being an auto trans I was happy with 80,0000kms out of the factory pads and was hoping for at least the same life but better performance from the Bendix 4wd. Work in progress on this one at the moment.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 07-05-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
I replaced my front discs, as they were warped, with DBA2208S T2 rotors, DBA do a selection of 8 different disc so depending on your budget and use then there is a disc for you.

I also fitted Bendix 4wd pads front and rear at the same time, no bedding in required and nice pedal feel, good braking and no fade but at 40,000kms all 4 pads were worn to the limit, NOT HAPPY JAN, as I had got 80,000kms of the original pads. Replaced again with Bendix 4wd but are having discussions with Bendix on why the short life. I had used Bendix 4wd on previous manual transmission 4wds and got a 120,000+kms out of a set of pads, the Challenger being an auto trans I was happy with 80,0000kms out of the factory pads and was hoping for at least the same life but better performance from the Bendix 4wd. Work in progress on this one at the moment.

OJ.
Thats not good OJ. I got just shy of 100,000 on my OEM pads and replaced with Bendix 4wd about a year ago. Will be interesting to see how they fair on my vehicle. Iíll be keeping a close eye. Thanks

2010 PB Manual, Icom 440 Remote UHF, 130AH AGM in rear, Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, Bridgestone D697s, HR Towbar, Kings KCRS-23 springs / Pedders 5899. Single axle 18' Caravan with muddies & good clearance - ATM 2.5T/Ball weight 250kg
Old 08-05-18

Default brake pad change

Quote:
Originally Posted by craka View Post
I'm of the opinion that softer compounds will usually be more efficient at braking (ie have better braking capacity) but do to so would produce more dust as a consequence.

Longer wearing pads would have a harder compound, thus less dust but less efficient at braking.
Totally agree with you Craka, your opinion is actually a fact. What I am looking for is low dust pads on the soft side that will be kind to the discs (rotors) and perform well. If all else fails I may buy genuine as I don't this issue with my PB Challenger.
Darryl